DLC installs/assets cached? - Install Date shows first install, not re-install

1611mac

- - . -
No problems or issues here - just trying to learn...

I was wanting to just check some things concerning DLC installs, deletes, and such in TRS19 (SP3 plus) and "packaged" assets.

I created a new datafolder and installed a Payware route from the Store. I then deleted the Route to verify that assets in CM showed only base and built-in kuids once again. I then installed the route a second time. The install occured in just seconds. Boom, all the kuids were back in CM and the "Installation Date" was the date/time of the first install (which had been deleted), not the second.

1a.) Are download packages cached? Why was the 2nd install so fast?

I know that a deleted Route/asset/kuid will continue to show the "Installation Date" even though it's been deleted when viewing "Installed, False". (I see that as a positive for a couple of reasons.)

1.b) Are "deleted" assets cached? Have to be since the re-install happened in about 2 seconds.

2.) It's surprising that if a Route is re-installed the "Installation Date" remains the date of the first install, not the latest. Comments?

nice test TY
If you check your directory
Local/cache/packages-precache/
and check for date time?

Think your conclusions are right, they are pre cached
and you didnt really delete, but kinda only disabled/hid

same test can be done, by removing temp the scXXX from that pre cache dir

The more info the better... thanks. I'll play with the pre cache. I'd like to find a way to remove the install date of earlier installs if possible. I'd rather know the date of the active install. This to help check what might be causing any problems one might have.

The more info the better... thanks. I'll play with the pre cache. I'd like to find a way to remove the install date of earlier installs if possible. I'd rather know the date of the active install. This to help check what might be causing any problems one might have.

Run a DBR in between uninstalling and reinstalling the DLC. This will clear the cache.

If your data has been installed on a regular hard drive, run a defrag before you reinstall. The drive will become highly fragmented and that will affect performance bigly.

Back