Really laggy game all of a sudden, even in menus

This is so weird. All the games I play have the same smooth FPS with my 3070, as did Trainz 19, until out of nowhere today it started to lag, everywhere. Instead of blazing through the menus at 144fps I'm now at 30-40fps, same on routes. What on earth is going on? Is the caching of the shaders wrong or something, so weird...

Does anybody have tips for this?

You don't by accident have a 2nd instance of the app running do you? Or any other utility or such eating up CPU. Did you try a restart of your computer? (or check Task Manager and see what's eating resources.)

Ensure you have V-sync set to full or none. If it's set to 1/2, you'll only see up to 30 fps.

Also, check your PhysX and turn that off because it still doesn't work well.

Managed to fix it by setting all the shaders to low and then back to high again...really weird! Have been using TRS2019 since the beginning and never had this issue before

For the future: is there a Trainz command to rebuild the shader cache?

TrainzUtil prebuild [--force] [--nofail] [--clear] [<KUID> ..] - Precache all installed content.

You need to enabled advanced debugging in the dev tab in Trainz Options.

You can run this from a command prompt.

Once opened, navigate to the Trainz program folder, i.e. C:\Program Files\N3V Games\TRS2019 or whatever you call it or wherever you placed it.

Start the Launcher.

Type TrainzUtil prebuild -- clear

I think this should do it. It's been awhile since I've done it this way.

The alternative is to start TrainzUtil at the Launcher and put prebuild --clear in the command line space.

Back