Project for Train Museums

Like the idea, vision, goes along some thoughts I have had my self since 1998, but you and your fellows has gone way further than I ever got.

In terms of the economic I am not one to comment as my brain is not wired to think in that direction.
I understand things cost, and world run on it, and we all need it;money, but what is worth what it impossible to think for me so can't comment on that part.

Best of Luck!

Linda

I agree with Linda that this is a great idea. I was involved with another Trainzer on museum project for the Gateway Heritage Center and Museum located in North Adams MA. The project was moving along quite well until their venue got pushed around and the project fizzled at least for now until they figure out what's going on.

The biggest thing you will need, besides the funding for the project, is contacts within the various historical societies as well on foot local observations and notes. We were lucky that we also had locals, yes the folks in the area, willing to help us with information. While out taking pictures one day, an elderly woman approached us and told us about the passenger operations that once occurred at the North Adams station back in the 1940s before the catenary came down. It turned out she was one of the last heirs to the Blackington Mills textile company, which is long out of business but the buildings are still standing.

In the end, it's truly amazing how many people will take up interest in your project. You have to remember to show off your work periodically to wow the supporters. :)

Unfortunately, I'm not in a financial position either to invest in your project. I am disabled and only get Social Security for income now.

Thanks Linda, and John. Support is certainly something we are looking for, but input to our project is just as important.

Appreciate what you both have contributed. Post it on the Kickstarter page if you would. Your interest may spark others to join in.

Thanks again.

PS. It's the museums, and their history that wins here!

Back