MSGSapper's MergeLane road use?

I have questions concerning using two of the road features uploaded to the DLS by MSGSapper, based on the original designs by Madeline Usher. I am using TRS2019 build 111951.

ozzfnnm.jpg

When I attach"SAP_US_Asphalt_MergeLane_Spline_1_PBR", <kuid:439337:105987>, as an EXIT lane (west bound in this photo) {US right side driving} to "SAP_US_Asphalt_4L_ExitB_1_PBR", <kuid2:439337:106039:1>, the connection works as I would expect and I am very happy with the results.

When I attach"SAP_US_Asphalt_MergeLane_Spline_1_PBR", <kuid:439337:105987>, as an ENTRY lane (east bound in this photo) {US right side driving} to "SAP_US_Asphalt_4L_ExitB_1_PBR", <kuid2:439337:106039:1>, the connection does not connect as I would expect. It seems to “jump” and connect as if going the wrong direction. It does not matter if I start the MergeLane at the connection point, or if I start away from the connection point and end at the connection point, the results are the same.

Is there a known solution to this issue?
Am I doing something incorrect when using these two pieces?

Any advise in the use of these assets would be greatly appreciated, especially if Master Sergeant Sapper could provide guidance.

Thanks
Andy (aka: curmudgeon66)

I have questions concerning using two of the road features uploaded to the DLS by MSGSapper, based on the original designs by Madeline Usher. I am using TRS2019 build 111951.

When I attach"SAP_US_Asphalt_MergeLane_Spline_1_PBR", <kuid:439337:105987>, as an EXIT lane (west bound in this photo) {US right side driving} to "SAP_US_Asphalt_4L_ExitB_1_PBR", <kuid2:439337:106039:1>, the connection works as I would expect and I am very happy with the results.

When I attach"SAP_US_Asphalt_MergeLane_Spline_1_PBR", <kuid:439337:105987>, as an ENTRY lane (east bound in this photo) {US right side driving} to "SAP_US_Asphalt_4L_ExitB_1_PBR", <kuid2:439337:106039:1>, the connection does not connect as I would expect. It seems to “jump” and connect as if going the wrong direction. It does not matter if I start the MergeLane at the connection point, or if I start away from the connection point and end at the connection point, the results are the same.

Is there a known solution to this issue?
Am I doing something incorrect when using these two pieces?

Any advise in the use of these assets would be greatly appreciated, especially if Master Sergeant Sapper could provide guidance.

Thanks
Andy (aka: curmudgeon66)

Andy:

You are lucky I saw this thread. FYI I have a dedicated support thread for all my content items at:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?83363-Content-by-MSGSapper

Please post any further questions regarding my content at that thread.

As for not connecting here is a screenshot of one of my routes taken this morning using the merge lane:

Merge-lane-SS.jpg

As you can see they do connect. The connection will not happen though until both ends of the merge lane are connected then it will "pop" into place. I can't remember which end needs to be connected first so you will have to try both ends to see which one does the magic. This is just a quirk of Trainz when trying to simulate a single lane of traffic only.

Bob

Last edited:
Back