Thread: Identifying Missing Items in Database DLC

United States of America, Pennsylvania, Murrysville

Question Identifying Missing Items in Database DLC

For years we have seen "unknown" as a reason for an asset not being displayed. Why has N3V not displayed the REQUESTED ID that could not be found? The ID is possibly a KUID and is known. But I was told years ago it was not available. Seems odd. It would be nice to clean the "unknowns" out. Then the orange symbol in the top right corner of routes, in the Main Menu, would have meaning.

Maybe there is a process to remove the "unknown" so we do not have an erred content list in a route.
    Dick near Pittsburgh, Pa. i5-2500K 4.2ghz, 8gb memory, GTX1060 3gb video card. 111951 & 114800

Have you tried "Delete Missing Assets" on the in game Tools menu? Of course, if track, a signal, or other needed item the route will break, but then, it's already broken because the asset is missing....
    Last edited by 1611mac; September 21st, 2021 at 08:28 AM.
    19 Plus-SP4; Plus-beta 114800; 19-Std SP3; Tane SP4
    Win10, GTX1060-6, SSDs: 1TB(C), 2TB(D)

An asset in a route may be a very old asset withdrawn or even third party. It was placed in the route at the time of its creation and is not on the DLS. It shows on a route because it is in the routes kuid table of assets used but can not be matched with any asset that CM uses in its searches.

United States of America, Pennsylvania, Murrysville

Then why not allow deletion of the KUID?

I have seen warnings about Delete Missing assets occasionally causing significant problems. I used it last week with no issue. I now remember that I was told to use it witn the "unknown". Thanks for the reminder.
    Dick near Pittsburgh, Pa. i5-2500K 4.2ghz, 8gb memory, GTX1060 3gb video card. 111951 & 114800