data loss

EJB

i ran a deep database rebuild and opened a rout only to findout that al the safetran signal gantry have disappeared and now have no way to not have to spend another few days repairing this. what in the heck is the problem. i have fought to recover all the payware assets for a while. still haven't got all of the yet but this is too much. i haven't checked for other assets lost . this is you database repair now what? i can remember when we didn't have to spend so much time repairing the game. so why now ?
ejb

the problem is kuid25:1182 invisible track. why would your database repair label this built-in asset as faulty? this really doesn't make sense

kuid:-25:1182 invisible track is fine here. The problem is invariably that people copy content from one build to another and if the item is built-in, that process means you have no textures and the item shows as faulty.

The simple steps to remember that the supported methods to install are:
1. Install the base game
2. Download DLC packages in-game
3. Download items from the DLS
4. Install from a CDP*

1-3 will show no missing deps or faulties (unless there is a bug, which is rare and which we will fix asap).
#4 can be problematic if the creator of the .cdp did not follow steps 1-3.

In this case, the item is part of the initial install of TRS19 so how it got into a faulty state I'm not sure, but try "Revert to Original" since it's possible you tried importing it without textures in some .cdp you installed.

turned the computer on this morning and the signal gantries ae back. you can bet i won' be using the deep rebuild database anytime in he near future.
thank you
ejb

you can bet i won' be using the deep rebuild database anytime in he near future.

The EDBR is only ever intended as a last resort. It has been years since I did one and my experience then was much the same. User data folder backups are a better option.

well somehow i managed to get the signal gantrys back and now i find that pretty much all the YARN intersections have vanished. i have deleted all of them and redownloaded them and they still are gone. it is kinda wierd the YARN assets are in the content manager and are fine. in the game they are red. i ask the question why is this destructive "rebuild database even in the program. i'll give you this i have used the deep rebuild and never had a problem. next question is when does the fun start?
ejb

next question is when does the fun start?

The fun starts when you decide for yourself, if the software is at a version you like
you don't update, till the new version is really proven to be better.
And if you update, make sure you have a full backup, so you can always go back.

SP3 came out 16 April, in many posts you can read, physics are not ok yet
turntables and super elevation are broken and many more little annoyances.
I tested it 3 days and then decided to wait for a fix,
Went back to before all service packs and have fun working on new content
without all the hassle I read on the forums.

I don't blame anyone, I just make sure I keep having fun with Trainz

i just get tired of repairing. after retrieving al but two locomotives after the last update i have enjoyes running the game for a few weeks. unfortunately after using the deep database rebuild which i have used before and haven't seen anything telling me not to i have now lost all the YARN intersections and a few other YARN assets. hopefully i can get them back.
thanks
ejb
i'm not a computer hacker. i have retired from heavy haul trucking. not much time for learning computers. but at least i am trying

I do sympathise having seen hundreds of items broken by SP3, no idea which SP you have. There is nothing wrong with the DBR or EDBR imho. As Tony says and I need to check myself, part of it is needing to redownload (yikes) built-in DLC as many items don't ransfer from one built to the next - which is a fault as far as I'm concerned. As for those signals I have had the odd one vanish for no apparent reason and then return again, for no apparent reason. I think they are too old for TRS19. You also mention using Yarn roads and intersections? Equa;y too old and cars float on them, you should be using Yarnish versions which solved that problem, but I've never heard of them just vanishing, but I don't use those old ones anyway. Updating to Yarnish may solve that problem.

PS EDIT: Why am I getting "you don't have permission to post, please refresh page and sign in" WHEN I'M SIGNED IN! This is happening at least twice a week for the last month or more??

After running an EDBR, many times assets will show as faulty but are not. This will cause them not to appear, or will make other assets faulty.

Using the Faulty filter in Content Manager, highlight anything that appears in red, and choose View Errors and Warnings. The process will run and items will disappear from the view, meaning they have been refreshed and are actually good. Sometimes, they do not disappear and you need to exit from the Faulty filter and then return. This refreshes the database and reloads the content again. If there are any assets left that can't be removed and do have errors, they need to be repaired or replaced.

The only time assets disappear, outside of being refreshed after or during the View Errors and Warnings, or cannot be repaired but worked previously, is when they are corrupted. The only recourse in this case is to delete them and download them again.

Last edited:
PS EDIT: Why am I getting "you don't have permission to post, please refresh page and sign in" WHEN I'M SIGNED IN! This is happening at least twice a week for the last month or more??

I would suspect a local issue perhaps like your browser cache... Sign out. Clear your browser cache and sign in and see how it acts. Could also be a "cookie" problem. If cache clearing doesn't help I'd try deleting the forum cookie so it makes new one next log in.

Last edited:
JCitron. the offending assets are no red in the content manager. they are red in the actual game. they look fine in the manager and checking them they post "0" problems. i have neve seen anything like this. but i will continue checking after a time when i'm not ticked off. thanks for the help from you and the others.
ejb

JCitron. the offending assets are no red in the content manager. they are red in the actual game. they look fine in the manager and checking them they post "0" problems. i have neve seen anything like this. but i will continue checking after a time when i'm not ticked off. thanks for the help from you and the others.
ejb

Check that the dependencies, or the so-called faulty assets aren't marked as modified and they should be built-in or payware. I've run into this problem before and it's confusing.

i have deleted all YARN assets. after removing i shut everything down. after powering up i started to download all the Yarn assets that i used. nothing has changed. the game is showing red intersections and the content manager is showing everything is AOK.
what am i missing to get these assets up and running? one of the few routes i have used the yarn intersections on.
thanks again
ejb

i have deleted all YARN assets. after removing i shut everything down. after powering up i started to download all the Yarn assets that i used. nothing has changed. the game is showing red intersections and the content manager is showing everything is AOK.
what am i missing to get these assets up and running? one of the few routes i have used the yarn intersections on.
thanks again
ejb

What are the errors? The YARN assets are fine here.

Make sure nothing is open for edit and all obsolete assets have been deleted. If there are any remnants from previous versions of related assets, this can make things messy.

there are no errors. the YARN assets are fine in the manager. in the game they are RED. like i said i have deleted all the YARN and redownloaded and still have the problem.
how could the content manager show no problem but the game show red?

there are no errors. the YARN assets are fine in the manager. in the game they are RED. like i said i have deleted all the YARN and redownloaded and still have the problem.
how could the content manager show no problem but the game show red?

Can you place them?

I had some Jointed Rail track like that which was place-able, but appeared red in the list.

no they won't place. i'm trying to get my son in law to look at the computer. he is a IT and actually so is my son who lives in another town. something is wrong and i am afraid i am the wrong one to find the problem. sad since i finally got all but two payware engines back and the game has been running fine

Some other things to try.
Check which layers everything is in. Merge layers, try a Delete Missing assets. Try copying a blank section of terrain over the problem areas and relaying the tracks.
What is the problem with the two payware engines. What is their status in CM?

i don't know . the content manager show everything i hunky dory. in the game the only thing showing are the purple invisible track for the cars to follow. the asphalt and or concrete are missing. i have replace the pavement and deleted the invisible track and made my own intersections. pain in the but but doable. after the pavement is done just place the invisible road. like said it is a major pain in the rump especially deleting the invisible road. i have changed about 16 so far mostly next to the tack since it is in camera range.
who know they may be back tomorrow. right now i really don't care. i'm running the cumberland and connellson which i have upgraded to 2019 and newer features. nice route .
thank again
ejb needless to say i won't be running the deep database repair any time soon.

Back