data loss

well tony i don not not use the merge layers. why make it more difficult? so i went and messed with the layers and have lost all tracks, object\, road, all i have now is painted landscape. i haven't used the layers because i find them difficult to work with. this route dates back to trainz 2004 with upgrades along the way. this route along with 3 others are now gone. i need to find another trains game that is not so difficult to use. unfortunately i haven't found one yet. the game is supposed to be fun.
ejb
maybe you should put in your add if you don't have a degree in computer science don't by this product. i am not a computer nerd but i do like trains.

Last edited:
how can i fid the errors if the only place they show errors are in the game itself. they show just find in the content manager.
speaking of the content i have over 414 'open for edit' assets that i am not allowed to mess with. what are these and where if any place can they be put?
while i do not use layers i took totally avoid them.i took Tonys advice and looked for problems in the layer. big mistake. i totally lost the route i have worked since trs 2004. it has been upgraded due to new trainz but i lost the route with the exception of the painted landscape. i uninstalled the game and did a reinstall. i have the route back but now i have to place signals back into the game an probably speed signals. are we having fun? oh also i still do not have the yarn intersections. reading thru the forms i notice no less that 7 entries to do a deep database repair. i'm sure their are more entries. look this is a really great game but you guys have a lot of problems to fix. make it less cumbersome, after all it is a game.
thanx
ejb

You need to deal with those 'open for edit' and right click on them and select 'revert to original' (in CM). The problems you are having are unquie to you it seems, I suspect you're editing the route in session layers, so make sure you are in the route layer.

actuallly i really am not using layers at all. i find them cumbersome at best. if there are layer then the game puts them in. all i see in layers are session and route. if there are layers then the game has put them in a i haven't seen them. thanks for showing me how to get rid of the open for edit. i only have one obsolute payware and 3 that i disabled.
thanks again
ejb

actuallly i really am not using layers at all. i find them cumbersome at best.

Pity, you are missing out on a simple way to organise your assets when constructing a route and session, and a great way to introduce novelty into the running of a session. I really could not work without layers, but each to their own.

actuallly i really am not using layers at all. i find them cumbersome at best. if there are layer then the game puts them in. all i see in layers are session and route. if there are layers then the game has put them in a i haven't seen them.
ejb

This makes me wonder if you really understand layers. I recommend doing some reading and learning in the wiki and forum. Your thinking is like saying "I just work in the dark because it's too cumbersome to find the light switch."

Back