SP# Latest Breaks

Alikiwi

Apprentice Creator
As I'm sure many agree this is getting tedious, but SP3 has broken so many assets with some bizarre facts or issues. Here is a small list of broken assets that I deleted and redownloaded.
<kuid2:354694:20383:1> st_chestnut_b1
<kuid2:211025:21162:1> st_rmm_kust56_3752_3m
<kuid2:211025:21290:1> st_rmm_olha1_2000_12m
<kuid2:211025:21293:1> st_rmm_olha4_976_10m
<kuid2:211025:20496:1> st_rmm_palma_fin1_3687_9m
<kuid2:211025:21001:1> st_rmm_palma_fin5_1782_15m
<kuid2:211025:20497:1> st_rmm_palma_fin2_1702_10m
<kuid2:211025:20499:1> st_rmm_palma_fin4_1840_18m
<kuid2:211025:21002:1> st_rmm_palma_fin6_1494_7m
<kuid2:211025:21036:1> st_rmm_palma_fin7_1469_10m

There are many more about a dozen that I won't bother re-downloading as I know I'll get the same result, most being st_rmm trees. I found in a few limited cases that if I deleted them and before I could download again, I found them STILL installed and no longer faulty???

I was about to mention items from the DLS showing as payware not installed, eg Letterbox 2a and a number of assets by Sirgibby like tunnel ground textures but in the last few minutes these have been corrected mysteriously? CRG at work perhaps?

In EVERY case of these faulty items viewing errors showed no errors and not one single warning. That being the case, how are they faulty? At least I've got the list down from several hundred, but the fault (not listed) with the trees affects many routes, so hopefully there is a cure/fix?

Edit: Can't edit the title! Should be SP3 ops..

Last edited:
Not broken here, never had a problem with them. Might be time for a fresh SP3 install, since you seem to be having so many dramas with it.
Graeme

Note that if items are in your database and you haven't done a db repair after deleting them, then redownloading may use the cached data.

Payware not installed means simply that. However, the status is not updated instantaneously, hence the possibility the status updates once the db updates.

If an item shows faulty without any error message, then it is most likely your db having cached data. As with my reply to a similar post, downloading DLC or DLS items should not show any errors. The vast majority of issues are from people copying, moving, importing items without following the recommended process.

1. Install items using DLC packages or DLS.
2. Do not copy built-in or packaged content from one build to another using .cdp

Well it never occured to me to do a DBR before re-installing, so I'll test that and see if it works.

So I deleted a batch of broken assets (trees), did a DBR and deleted the cache in the internet folder. I downloaded <kuid2:211025:21242:1> st_rmm_sosna40_2570_30m and guess what? It's STILL faulty!

Just downloaded and installed <kuid2:211025:21242:1> st_rmm_sosna40_2570_30m into my build 114400 and it is without error and displays correctly.
Certainly hasn't broken my installation. Zero faults shown on this (and other) installed st_rmm assets.
Gotta be something messed up with your Speedtrees library (or whatever).

Well try this. Without doing anything else, I decided to do an EDBR. The faulty asset became "Third Party", at least not faulty. So I downloaded [FONT=&quot]<kuid2:211025:21250:1>st_rmm_sosna48_2598_30m[/FONT]
and it was faulty. However, go figure this. The first item changed to "downloaded from DLS" - no faults!?!

I'm going to do another EDBR and see what effect that has, and probably give it a rest for now, starting hurt the ol' brain!

Well try this. Without doing anything else, I decided to do an EDBR. The faulty asset became "Third Party", at least not faulty. So I downloaded <kuid2:211025:21250:1>st_rmm_sosna48_2598_30m
and it was faulty. However, go figure this. The first item changed to "downloaded from DLS" - no faults!?!

I'm going to do another EDBR and see what effect that has, and probably give it a rest for now, starting hurt the ol' brain!

Try right-clicking and choosing revert to original. If the assets are built-in the status should update again to their proper status without running a EDBR.

Most st_rmm trees aren't built in, and revert to original isn't an option. However I'd also tried open for editing then revert to original, no help. So this morning I've just checked and the 2nd item is now working, and the other items I'd deleted ----- have reinstalled themselves and are not faulty!!!! I have no idea how any of this is possibly, but at least all the trees are now working. We probably shouldn't think too hard on this, it's not worth the headache, but does just add to the bizarre nature and/or complexity of the game. It certainly never gets boring. As someone said, maybe some issue with the speedtree library which has finally been sorted by the uptenth DBR :eek:

After updating assets do you delete the obsolete assets. Left behind library files have been known to cause faulties.

Well this isn't about updating any assets. But I do often go through and delete any obsolete assets if they've been updated. No doubt SP4 will bring more issues and hopefully they can be sorted too, but not anytime soon lol.

You haven't mentioned what the errors are. We know that the issue is in your install. 3rd party are generally items that are with the CRG and not available on the DLS.
Ultimately, if you create a fresh install and download this content we know it works fine.
The point here isn't that the build breaks anything, it is the content you have installed in your db that is causing problems.
The highest chance of success is reinstalling everything into that new local data folder (which is the recommended process as at the point it breaks (if it does) you're closer to identifying the problem.
Another option to try is to delete your .tdx files and /cache folder and then restart Trainz. (You will lose your settings but not any content.)

Back