Boxcar issues

chili46

The following automated boxcars have a problem. The doors open and close fine when loading/unloading, but then they will start the scripted sequence randomly while the train is moving. Has anyone else seen this happen? There may be others that are doing the same thing, but these are the ones I've noticed.

40ft Reefer Armour Star ARLX w#d
40ft Reefer PFE Southern Pacific
40ft Reefer Rock Island
40ft Reefer SF & Tx
40ftBoxcar Katy #
40ftBoxcar Norfolk and Western #
40ftBoxcar Norfolk Western#

I've tried mucking around with the primary script (reeferlodi), but I just end up breaking things. I haven't perfected my scripting abilities to the apparent level need to change this particular script.

I have not looked at any of Rene's older cars since early 2020 probably but I didn't see this problem in TRS19 100240. What build are you running? I also have 111951 installed so I can take a quick check in that version to see if the script is working ok there.

I wrote most of the boxcar3lodi.gs script for Rene. I guess he renamed it reeferlodi.gs for the reefers. Rene started upgrading his whole line of boxcars last year for use in TRS19. I wrote a new script for them and uploaded it to dls as a library. Work has been slow as we both kind of put Trainz on the back burner last winter thru to mid summer.

The old scripts were broken I think by TANE update and later N3V kind of "unbroke" them so they worked again but the scripts needed an update. I checked the new script(s) out in TS12, TANE and TRS19 so they can be used with current versions of his cars and the new TRS19 upgrades but it requires config edits and replacement of the script in the folder.

IIRC I had an AssetX script that can make the changes to the old content. If you use AssetX program to work with Trainz content I might be able to dig up the script I used and make it available. I can probably show the changes necessary but you have to do them manually to each car.

Bob Pearson

Back