Read threads

lenscab

Hi,,,, you know what its like, you read a thread and think, that could help me that, and then you get distracted and forget what the thread was when you need it so I wonder is there a way that lists the threads you have read?. you see I have a shunter waiting in a siding for a trigger that tells it a train has come in on a track and uncoupled and gone off to pick up the full wagons. the shunter goes and loads the empyies and goes off to the ful wagon siding uncouples and goes back to its own siding to wait but there is also another train that comes in with empties on another track. It would be ok if the train came in when the shunter was back at the start position but what if the train has come in while the shunter is busy loading the other consist?
We have all done at some time I suppose, but anyway it is worth asking just in case. Thanks for reading this.
Len

If you use the "post message" and "wait for message and clear" driver commands it won't make any difference what time the train arrived. The message will remain until it is cleared. That used with "couple at trackmark list" command means the shunter does not need to know which track the empties are on. He will select a trackmark that has wagons.

If you use the "post message" and "wait for message and clear" driver commands it won't make any difference what time the train arrived. The message will remain until it is cleared. That used with "couple at trackmark list" command means the shunter does not need to know which track the empties are on. He will select a trackmark that has wagons.

Thanks Keith,, I havent used those commands yet, I dont suppose you could give me an example for my situation could you please.
Len

They work like triggers, the wait for message = wait for trigger, and post message is the arriving train sending the trigger.
Use the wait for message in the shunter drivers commands instead of wait for trigger.
Use post message after the arriving engine has left the empty wagons.
You can use any name or number but they must be the same in both commands.

hi dont know whats wrong here but those two commands are not in edit session / driver commands although they are in CM,
Len

I am sorry Keith but they are not there, I have made sure that they are installed and gone into edit session and clicked on driver commands and clicked add but they are not in the ljst, so I am wondering why you have them but not me. It looks as if its just what I need.
There is no errors showing could it be the low build number in config.? There is no newer ones in the DLS.
Len

Search by author #131986
atilabarut has several of both in ver 2.0, 2.4 & 2.5
I found them in TANE SP4 & SP3 eg PostMessage <kuid2:131986:1027:1> and WaitForMessageAndClear <kuid:131986:210006>
Note there are no spaces
Cheers
tracksupervisor

Back