Missing or faulty- Over 800 Assets

boleyd

I opened the Installed items in the DLS, on my system. I was greeted with a sea of red. 794 items are shown as faulty that WERE NOT faulty a few hours ago. Maybe an hour of downloading will hopefully correct this. But why did it happen? There may be something I did, or a failure in my system. If it was N3V then this is just a periodic event to improve the database.

not sure if it helps but i would check for "open for editing" as well and then revert to original - after that then extended database repair ?

No EDBR or DBR this time. I had been making changes to a session. Was in and out of DLS. Then the last time a sea of red. I will do a short DBR as well now. EDBR tonight. Adds some excitement to the hobby.

Dick, you may have downloaded an updated file, perhaps a library, which has caused the other assets to error. Try running an "out of date" filter in CM and get any appropriate updates and be sure to delete any obsoletes as they can often be the cause of trouble.
cheers
Graeme

I think I had a similar experience!

I noticed some ground coverings missing in my favorite route. There were grid lines showing along the tracks so I got out of the route and opened the content manager and there were a lot of faulty, missing and open for edit items.
I spent most ot yesterday trying to resolve as many problems as I could and tonight I saw that that route looked normal.

When I started the game before seeing the problems, one of those automatic searches for missing assets started.

I have questions:

Why doesn't the automatic search resolve the missing asset problem or isn't it worth the code it is written on?

How do assets come up open for edit? I didn't to it! Do people upload assets that are open ????

How does a route look good one day and is missing scenery the next? It isn't like I was making changes to the route, I was just driving it!

Thanks

Wild Willy the wacko

Back