TRS19 SP4 Release Candidate 114400

Thanks for the report on the calendar John (of course you can close it before closing the filter window too).

The errors reported "Failed to transcribe trainzmesh vertex format" indicate that the item has extra UVs. So there is a problem in the asset that the creator should fix.

Thanks for the report on the calendar John (of course you can close it before closing the filter window too).

The errors reported "Failed to transcribe trainzmesh vertex format" indicate that the item has extra UVs. So there is a problem in the asset that the creator should fix.

Thankyou for that info on the trainzmesh. That'll be up to the authors to repair. :)

Yeah, I discovered that with the calendar after I wrote this up.

Same kind of error for <kuid:206616:100233> MV_Bahnhof Listernohl HT in build 114400.
Code:
; <kuid:206616:100233> : Validating <kuid:206616:100233>
  ; <NULL> : MeshResource::LoadResource> <NULL> | arc:fld:$(local)/hash-33||kuid 206616 100233.tzarc|
    ; <NULL> : Loading mesh lod0.trainzmesh
      - <kuid:206616:100233> : Failed to transcribe trainzmesh vertex format from S0_P3fN3fT02fT12f to S0_P3fN3fT02f
      - <kuid:206616:100233> : TrainzMeshFile_Load> failed to load chunk (lod0.trainzmesh)
No errors in build 111951.

Peter

Corrected by this:
http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/channelcleaner

FhNQd5x.gif

HJ1KClR.gif

bt98d4v.gif

Ok I tried to update it, but I keep getting messages saying there's no patch available for 111951. Can somebody please tell me how to fix this? The manual installer refuses to work for me and I can't try the Bairnsdale line without SP4

Ok I tried to update it, but I keep getting messages saying there's no patch available for 111951. Can somebody please tell me how to fix this? The manual installer refuses to work for me and I can't try the Bairnsdale line without SP4

If you're on a PC, and I assume so, make sure your data stream is Trainz Plus Beta.

I made the same mistake and had myself confused.

Another look (I misread your Build number) and I see 111951 is my SP3 Public release install for PLUS. So I'm sure your update stream is on Plus and not Plus Beta. If you delve into beta expect problems. That's what beta is for. To shake out problems. Consider carefully. I'd make a separate install for the beta stream.

Every time I try to install the patch from the manual installer, I receive "Invalid patch target selected. This patcher is not applicable."
Trainz Build : Release Assertions - 114177

Manual installer is for 114022 only.
Then 114177 go back to using the launcher patch installer.

There is a problem with session creation.
It is allowing duplicate names for assets to be created. It has been happening for a while as it is also on build 113642.

There is a problem with session creation.
It is allowing duplicate names for assets to be created. It has been happening for a while as it is also on build 113642.

The only issue here that I am aware of is if you load a Route without loading a Session and then save the Route and a new Session - the Session will be named Default. If you then reload the Route without the Session and save the Session again, a new Default Session (but with a different kuid) will be created. The moral here is not to save a Session if you have only loaded and edited a Route or give the Session its own unique name. This has always been the case with Trainz.

Possibly, but you should not be able to use duplicates in creating a session. it used to come up with a warning that it already existed.
It is happening on NEW session creation. :confused:

If I was ever to open a route for editing directly and thus getting a bunch of duplicate Default sessions, I would know they are dummy sessions and can be deleted at any time. The names might be duplicate but the associated kuid(s) are unique so each of those sessions are unique.

Instead, I always open the the main session for editing and change to one of the route layers once the map opens. The session layer is locked and only contains the single default layer. The session layer(s) will only be modified once the route is made and I want to have different things happen in the route.

on any route create a track mark and then create another track mark with the same name and it allows this.
in fact you can creat as many track marks you like with the same name !!!! :'(

There's a "Release Candidate" build 114400 available for all our external beta testers.

This should be the final version for this update, then we'll be switching your beta testing over to the S20 build (in the coming weeks depending on how our internal testing and bug fixing progresses).

As an "RC" build, assertions are turned off (which means that you won't see those little messages pop up from time to time) and "Max compatibility mode" is enabled (so legacy script errors will not appear).

Note that precaching is not done yet (so first load of each route will be slow while the precache data is being compiled)

You can patch from 114281 using the Beta stream.

Trainz Plus - Content Update

We've also released the latest new Trainz route "Bairnsdale to Orbost" as a Preview Pass for you to check out. This route is a Trainz Plus exclusive until we release the next major Trainz update.

In case you haven't checked out the other exclusive Trainz Plus routes, you should also install Beloreck South Ural Mountains and Liskeard to Looe (and then the West to Denver route which is also nearing completion).

NOTE FOR BUILD 114022 USERS
If you're currently using 114022, then you need to update using these steps:

1. Download the Manual Patcher from this link
  2. Unzip the file (the location doesn't matter, just as long as you know where you unzipped it to)
  3. Run the "TRS19 Beta Patch Installer.exe
  4. The "target" required is the path to your TRS19.exe file in your beta install folder. So find that location then continue with the next step.
  5. Click Change Targets > Browse to your beta install folder > select TRS19.exe > Click Open
  6. Click Next then Apply Patch

So I've installed the new patch but I'm still getting lag whenever I start playing the game whenever I enter a route. How do I fix this?

Last edited:
on any route create a track mark and then create another track mark with the same name and it allows this.
in fact you can creat as many track marks you like with the same name !!!! :'(

I submitted a bug report about this when SP2 was released but nothing has been done about it yet.
It is easy to name two signals with the same name which the screws up Path recognition in Interlocking Towers.

The animation speed of bogies is still incorrect in DCC/AI mode, most obvious at steam locomotives. The animation is running at about twice the correct speed. In CAB mode the speed correct.

Peter

Will there be anything done with the trees? It looks terrible, especially in sunny times. I want the screenshots and the game to look nice, but it turns out ugly ...
257912021_09_28_121523.jpg

Back