Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decapod.'s GWR Dean Goods

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KotangaGirl View Post
    Hello Paul. I think it's more than likely that the SR and BR versions of the O1 will have the same faults. I haven't had a look at them yet to see though.
    Those two are OK in DCC mode but have zero boiler pressure (no water) in realistic mode.

I checked all the locos I found and the only two that disappeared in a puff of smoke (literally) are the two you found. I had total Trainz lockups in both builds 111951 and 114400 (+beta) requiring a task manager kill and fingers crossed for no DB damage.

I'll go back and check the remaining locos for boiler pressure but the two 01s will need to be fixed as well. There may be more.

Thanks for identifying these issues.

Paul

Hi Paul. I gave the O1's a 94xx engine spec <kuid:248163:1648> by 2995valiant, but I haven't given them a proper test yet. I got the lock up as well with both the Dean Goods and the SE&CR O1, but changing the engine spec fixed that. The GWR class 2021 pannier tank by decapod. isn't giving me any problems, but I don't really use it much so I wouldn't like to say for certain that it's free of issues.
    I'm using build 111951 by the way.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

Blog Entries

OK, thanks again for the info.

Paul

Blog Entries

Since the problem also exists in the current Trainz Plus beta I have submitted a bug report so they can look at the freezing issue. The CRG will repair what it can.

Paul

Decapod.'s BR O1 under test with the steam controls on my updated version of the Ashington branch. Ashington is a useful test track since it has some long sneaky gradients that can catch you out. All is good with the 94xx engine spec doing all that it should. Injectors work well and the engine spec produces good steam. Tests under the DCC controls were fine as well.

Blog Entries

N3V QA couldn't detect a problem with the Dean Goods loco but the SE&CR 01 did cause a problem so they will look at it.

I'm now waiting for some of the other suspicious locos to be added to the faulty list so we can fix them.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by pcas1986 View Post
    N3V QA couldn't detect a problem with the Dean Goods loco but the SE&CR 01 did cause a problem so they will look at it.

I'm now waiting for some of the other suspicious locos to be added to the faulty list so we can fix them.
    Seriously? How thoroughly did they check it over? As downloaded from the DLS it vanishes in TRS19 SP3's Driver and will sometimes cause the simulator to lock up as well. The SE&CR O1 has exactly the same faults as the Dean Goods so I don't understand how they can say that one is fine and the other is faulty. I certainly didn't spend an afternoon repairing a locomotive that was problem free.

Blog Entries

No argument with that but this is what I originally got from them:

Build 114400
    QA installed: <kuid2:130855:11:2> BR Dean Goods 2576
    Running the loco (without tender) on a test track worked fine in DCC mode.
    If you have further info on how to cause the freeze or disappearance please advise.

The engine spec should probably be thrown out as it is clearly far from ideal.

unquote

Most of my bug reports get a "we can't reproduce this problem" response so I was puzzled why it worked for them so I went back and asked them to test the SE&CR 01 loco as well.
    I'll just put it down to another Trainz Mystery. There are plenty of them.

Paul

Hi Paul. The BR version of the Dean Goods has a different LM file and body mesh to the GWR version. The BR version is still buggy, but doesn't vanish, but the GWR version <kuid2:130855:10:2> most certainly does. No wonder N3V QA couldn't reproduce the problem.

Blog Entries

Yes, my mistake. Not sure how that occurred but I have passed on the correct kuid to QA. At least I picked the right one for CRG repair.

Paul

The BR one looks to be a strange colour to me?
    Malc

Quote Originally Posted by clam1952 View Post
    The BR one looks to be a strange colour to me?
    Yes it does Malc. I think it's supposed to look like it's heavily weathered, but it almost looks like it's painted in a WD Khaki livery.