Decapod.'s GWR Dean Goods

N3V QA couldn't detect a problem with the Dean Goods loco but the SE&CR 01 did cause a problem so they will look at it. :)

I'm now waiting for some of the other suspicious locos to be added to the faulty list so we can fix them.

N3V QA couldn't detect a problem with the Dean Goods loco but the SE&CR 01 did cause a problem so they will look at it. :)

I'm now waiting for some of the other suspicious locos to be added to the faulty list so we can fix them.

Seriously? How thoroughly did they check it over? As downloaded from the DLS it vanishes in TRS19 SP3's Driver and will sometimes cause the simulator to lock up as well. The SE&CR O1 has exactly the same faults as the Dean Goods so I don't understand how they can say that one is fine and the other is faulty. I certainly didn't spend an afternoon repairing a locomotive that was problem free.

No argument with that but this is what I originally got from them:

Build 114400
QA installed: <kuid2:130855:11:2> BR Dean Goods 2576
Running the loco (without tender) on a test track worked fine in DCC mode.
If you have further info on how to cause the freeze or disappearance please advise.

The engine spec should probably be thrown out as it is clearly far from ideal.

unquote

Most of my bug reports get a "we can't reproduce this problem" response so I was puzzled why it worked for them so I went back and asked them to test the SE&CR 01 loco as well.
I'll just put it down to another Trainz Mystery. There are plenty of them. :)

Hi Paul. The BR version of the Dean Goods has a different LM file and body mesh to the GWR version. The BR version is still buggy, but doesn't vanish, but the GWR version <kuid2:130855:10:2> most certainly does. No wonder N3V QA couldn't reproduce the problem.

Yes, my mistake. Not sure how that occurred but I have passed on the correct kuid to QA. At least I picked the right one for CRG repair.

Back