Can't spawn Loco in surveyor (Trainz 2009)

Percy3183

Hello, my name is Percy. I recently downloaded an RWS James model for Trainz2009. Apparently, I can view the model perfectly in Railyard,

but I can't actually physically spawn the model, as for the fact that the last two days it refuses to show up in the spawn list.

Much help would be appreciated.

Stay safe, Percy

Last edited:
Hi Percy. Does it show up in Content Manager? Perhaps the name is different than expected.

Yes it does. I guess I should say that the James came in a pack of many different versions of him. Every single one appears in Railyard also, but once again, does not appear in the spawning list.

Hmm. I am not real strong on TS2009. I tired right-clicking on assets in CM, but all the view options were grayed out. I was hoping you could try a view from the CM, but someone who knows more would have to chime in.

Make sure your graphics settings are set to DirectX and not Open/GL. This was an issue with some assets many years ago in TRS2004 thru TS12.

Hmm. I am not real strong on TS2009. I tired right-clicking on assets in CM, but all the view options were grayed out. I was hoping you could try a view from the CM, but someone who knows more would have to chime in.

Thank you very much for trying.:)

Yes it does. I guess I should say that the James came in a pack of many different versions of him. Every single one appears in Railyard also, but once again, does not appear in the spawning list.

It looks like one (at least) is open for editing (the tool icon tells me that). Click on the "Open for Edit" tab at the top, select everything and then Commit them (Ctrl+M, or right click). That might do it... not really sure why it would be showing up in one but not the other.

It looks like one (at least) is open for editing (the tool icon tells me that). Click on the "Open for Edit" tab at the top, select everything and then Commit them (Ctrl+M, or right click). That might do it... not really sure why it would be showing up in one but not the other.

Thank you sooo much! It worked!

Last edited:
Whenever you install content that isn't from the Download Station, I would make sure you check the Open for Edit tab & commit everything. Once (if ever) you start creating content, then you need to be more careful about what is or isn't there.

peter

Back