Issue with JR products referring to nonexistent file

Bluewater

Good day,

Recently got back into Trainz to start working on routes again after a long hiatus. I am importing my JR purchases into TRS19 and I have multiple item ranging from locomotives to shells that have the following error:

VE30: The tag 'image' in '0' refers to a nonexistent file: 'art_icon.tga'.

I've tried replacing the image file to something that was on my computer but it still says that the new file is nonexistent. I'm at a loss on how to fix this issue. Any ideas?

Most if not all of these that had this issue years ago, were fixed. If you are importing old content from an old version its best to re-download the new files and install those instead.

Good day,

Recently got back into Trainz to start working on routes again after a long hiatus. I am importing my JR purchases into TRS19 and I have multiple item ranging from locomotives to shells that have the following error:

I've tried replacing the image file to something that was on my computer but it still says that the new file is nonexistent. I'm at a loss on how to fix this issue. Any ideas?

Assuming this is in the "thumbnails" container. Check that all file names are typed correctly and that you are using a file extension that works with thumbnails (usually .jpg does it) And ensure the file path is correct. It should be pointing to something in the asset not your local files. I personally quickly make a small thumbnail in paint.net that is basically a 240x480 black box with some text saying something like "This is a no thumbnail thumbnail" then save it as .jpg in the assets main folder (the same place with the config .txt) just name it something like "thumbnail.jpg" then in the config file in the thumbnails container you want to set the thumbnail file path to point to that file along with making sure the correct width and height are also there. Or another option if you have TANE or above is delete the thumbnails entirely then use CMs ability to automatically generate thumbnails for you. In CM by hovering over "content" on the top bar of CM (In TANE at least) then with the asset also selected click "auto generate thumbnails"

Back