Will Trainz 2019 work with these specs?

Hello there!

How are you all doing today?

I need your help, in making a decision. I found a IBUYPOWER PC with the these specs:

• Intel i7-11700F processor 2.5 GHz
  • Nvidia RTX 2060 6GB
  • 16 GB DDR4 RAM
  • 480 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD

So from what I know the System Requirements for Trainz 2019 is the following:

• 16 GB RAM
  • 50 GB of Storage
  • Intel Core i7-7Y75
  • NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980

So From some Research I did it says RTX Graphics Card is better than a GTX Graphics Card. Here's a passage from my Research: "Nvidia’s GTX 1080Ti will give better performance in some games but it is not worth the extra amount it costs and since the RTX cards come with additional features of Ray tracing and DLSS it is a good choice for mid to high-end PCs and since more and more games are supporting ray tracing it is a good choice for the present as well as the future." So my Question is, will TS2019 work these System Specs? When I say "work" I mean will it run smoothly without any lagging? Trying to make a decision soon, get back to me as soon as you can. Thank you!!

Yours Truly

RailMan 102

You've pretty much got the EXACT same setup I have, except I run a 10th-gen i7-10700KF, RTX2060 SUPER and a 256GB SSD.
It'll work just fine on higher settings but I don't push it up that far because my PC ends up getting hot while running it.

Hello there!

How are you all doing today?

I need your help, in making a decision. I found a IBUYPOWER PC with the these specs:

• Intel i7-11700F processor 2.5 GHz
  • Nvidia RTX 2060 6GB
  • 16 GB DDR4 RAM
  • 480 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD

So from what I know the System Requirements for Trainz 2019 is the following:

• 16 GB RAM
  • 50 GB of Storage
  • Intel Core i7-7Y75
  • NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980

So From some Research I did it says RTX Graphics Card is better than a GTX Graphics Card. Here's a passage from my Research: "Nvidia’s GTX 1080Ti will give better performance in some games but it is not worth the extra amount it costs and since the RTX cards come with additional features of Ray tracing and DLSS it is a good choice for mid to high-end PCs and since more and more games are supporting ray tracing it is a good choice for the present as well as the future." So my Question is, will TS2019 work these System Specs? When I say "work" I mean will it run smoothly without any lagging? Trying to make a decision soon, get back to me as soon as you can. Thank you!!

Yours Truly

RailMan 102

Looking at System,

Check and see if that Second Drive can be switched later to SSD, that'll speed your system up even more......Platter Drives, or Conventional can't hold a Candle against and SSD.......That 480 Drive which I assume is Primary will fill up Quickly if you put Trainz on it......And you can take the HD and make it spare backup for your Files, Trainz.......

Just food for thought, my Laptop came with basically the same sizes, and over time, Increased primary to 1 Gig, and Secondary to SSD from HD and made it 2Gig later on because 3 yrs ago 2Gig was not available in SSD if I remember or just to pricey at the time......I have GTX and would love to have RTX, but alas, my GPU is soldered into Laptop......That card should work will for you......

When I increased my Secondary Drive from HD to SSD, I moved Trainz off C: Drive to D: Drive and it works well for me.......

Also on Ray Tracing, I don't think Trainz uses Ray Tracing, but other Programs and Games do, so that would be a Bonus with your new system......

Hope this will help a bit.......

Hi,
I'm using an i5 processor (overclocked to 4.2) with an rtx 2060.
Performance is really acceptable at High to Ultra - you may need to tweak slightly.

Using a SSD makes a big difference as well - don't forget to exclude the Trainz folders from you virus checker!
Colin

Back