Missing route options?

I had to reload Trainz19 to an external drive from my main drive. For some reason I am missing a few options for setting up a route. USA Golden Age of Steam is missing as is one of the ones from Great Briton.

I'm not so concerned about some of the European ones missing, but I am about those two I mentioned. and I have to wonder what other things might be missing.

I followed the directions from the web site to transfer from one place to the other and I am not showing anything faulty in my downloads/content.

What options are you missing?

Do you mean missing dependencies?

If so, these can be downloaded again from the DLS including sessions.

Do you have the proper filters set when wanting to view routes? (Driver/Surveyor screen and at top "Type: Routes" and "Source" and "Region" to whatever you want.)

Unless you backed up your data, you maybe SOL for custom assets. Other content, such as DLC and DLS content can be reinstalled using the appropriate tools.

Skipping the totally AWOL custom assets, I would download the DLC first if any. That may in fact restore much of what you have already. After that, view the dependencies that belong to the route you mentioned above. You do this by right-clicking on the route and then choosing view dependencies. A new window will open up.

Now, to help with finding assets, set up Content Manager to show all the columns. You will have to adjust the columns to make everything fit on the screen, and you can move them around by sliding them to get them in the order you want.

Once arranged, you can click on status to group all the missing assets together. Those that have Available for download, can be installed from the DLS. Other assets with nothing require a bit more hunting around by KUID. There are two ways to do that. First, you can use your browser and search the kuid number in Google, Bing, or some other search engine. This works pretty well. The other way is to subscribe, it costs $15 or $20 a year, to the Trainz Kuid Index and use that to find your missing assets.

Back