collieries where shunters work

Catblat

you know orgreaves colliery? it uses shunters to work on it. can some of you make a colliery that was made for shunters to load the engines. type choo Choo if you want to test out your 0-4-0T/0-6-0Ts on coaling. you can base it on collieries from real life or make it completely freelanced, just make sure to finish it by September 30th 2021.and to maki it compatible for Trainz a new era or older.

... can some of you make a colliery that was made for shunters to load the engines. type choo Choo ... just make sure to finish it by September 30th 2021.and to maki it compatible for Trainz a new era or older.

Wow. What a polite request to all our talented and keen asset creators.

What colour would you like? Old fashioned timber or post modernist art deco?

I have never heard of Orgreaves Colliery but have you searched the DLS? There you will find many existing collieries of all shapes, sizes and colours - some of which are almost certain to meet your very exacting requirements.

As for the deadline, you have probably never created a scenery asset yourself so I will assume that you do not know how difficult and time consuming it is, especially for the more complex and larger items.

(Sorry, my cynical side got the better of me).

A layout of the colliery would take a year or two to do and that's without any special content being created. Which year would you base it on?

So very unlikely by sept 30th. There are layouts around that have coal mines by the way. Even one or two set in Yorkshire.

Cheerio John

Orgreave was a pit in South Yorkshire (nr Sheffield). More famous for the violent trouble during the miners strike than owt else. Any how here's a screen grab for you, this isn't a particularly complex pit complex!

Before anyone asks the route is not available - I reckon on at least 2 more years work as a private project encompassing South Yorkshire (and some Derbyshire!) - most of the track is laid it all needs grading then scenery like I said at least 2 more years.

Hope the pic is useful (interesting)

51441829014_07477b820f_o.png

Now that I am feeling better my rational side has won back control.

Mutton has very clearly pointed out the flaw in your September 30th deadline in his excellent post above. You could of course "kit batch" a colliery from all the bits and pieces that you will find on the DLS but creating the landscape, laying the track, adding the ground textures and other scenery can easily take months.

you know orgreaves colliery? it uses shunters to work on it. can some of you make a colliery that was made for shunters to load the engines. type choo Choo if you want to test out your 0-4-0T/0-6-0Ts on coaling. you can base it on collieries from real life or make it completely freelanced, just make sure to finish it by September 30th 2021.and to maki it compatible for Trainz a new era or older.
Wow, how arrogant, uninformed, ill-mannered and greedy can you get and in a first post too. I suppose you want it for free as well. I won't bother welcoming you to the forums as I don't suspect you'll be around long.

Orgreave was a pit in South Yorkshire (nr Sheffield). More famous for the violent trouble during the miners strike than owt else. Any how here's a screen grab for you, this isn't a particularly complex pit complex!

Before anyone asks the route is not available - I reckon on at least 2 more years work as a private project encompassing South Yorkshire (and some Derbyshire!) - most of the track is laid it all needs grading then scenery like I said at least 2 more years.

Hope the pic is useful (interesting)

51441829014_07477b820f_o.png

I look forward to seeing it. PM me if you need any simple scenery objects making and a pit head I don't consider simple.

Cheerio John

Back