CPC Portal -- How to Spawn 2 Trains?

boleyd

Central Portal Control

I have two trains specified for one portal. First train works as expected. However, I never see the second train. Is the second train to spawn immediately after the first?

Note: There is only one instance of CPC. Two trains are specified in that instance.

Depends how you have it configured. In CPC did you set "Portal Properties"?? And you have two consists configured?
- Time between trains
-Time Fluctuation
-Emit immediate
-Order to emit trains
-Wait for Triggered Event

There should be a setting for time between trains, as well as timer fluctuation. There could be a number of reasons why the second does not spawn; too many trains on the layout, no room for it, signal against it, and on it goes. Be very wary of the Max Trains setting.

Ok, no signals or other possible blockages for about 2 miles. I set the Time Between Trains, in the Portal Properties, to one minute, After 1minute/45 seconds the same train as the immediate release train appeared. Then 1 min 45 sec later the second configured train appeared. Ok to a point. 1,45 later the original appeared again followed by the second 1,45 later. My real problem was believing the 1 minute Between Trains.

THANKS for the inspiration to make me question the timer and wait and wait. I have no problem with 1 minute being 1,45.

The scenario is the portal trains drop off a string of cars in the yard. Returns to the portal. A local engine delivers the cars to one or more industries.
The industry empties, or loads the car. The yard sends an engine to bring them to the yard where another railroad picks them up for delivery (to be loaded or emptied) around the larger railroad's area.
So I can have several railroads deliver/pickup cars that serve local industries. I will extend to passenger service later.

Frankly, I'm surprised 1 min even works. Not very prototypical. For fun I bumped AI trains to every 4 minutes out of a Portal and that's insanely unreal. (But in this session I'm playing "dodge the train" so it has a "fun" purpose.)

Last edited:
In reality the setting should be in days. The next thing is multiple instances of CPC. Maybe one for each day of the week, skipping Sunday - Pro Football day.
The scenario I have chosen probably only sees "external in/out traffic" a few time each working day or maybe in a week. I will have to fill-in with services to local industry and passenger service. Maybe I will have a weekly disaster. Thanks for all the input.....

Back