Truly Seasonal PBR vs Seasonal PBD- Winter colours

davemare

I run my custom built C&WR based on todays date, ie I change the date to reflect the week we are in. I like to observe the ground textures change with the seasons.

Using my test route/session, I have replaced all my 2d TANE textures with truly seasonal TRS PBR textures. Looked great until I turned to winter. Truly seasonal shows as a grey colour and all other objects shows as white, so you get a splotchy colouration, especially track on top of ballast.Doesnt look good at all

The alternative seems to be to use PBR seasonal textures as they are white and use the same colour as objects.

has anyone found a solution to this colour challenge, as i would really like to use the truly seasonal textures

thanks

Dave

I run my custom built C&WR based on todays date, ie I change the date to reflect the week we are in. I like to observe the ground textures change with the seasons.

Using my test route/session, I have replaced all my 2d TANE textures with truly seasonal TRS PBR textures. Looked great until I turned to winter. Truly seasonal shows as a grey colour and all other objects shows as white, so you get a splotchy colouration, especially track on top of ballast.Doesnt look good at all

The alternative seems to be to use PBR seasonal textures as they are white and use the same colour as objects.

has anyone found a solution to this colour challenge, as i would really like to use the truly seasonal textures

thanks

Dave

I am not sure which "Truly Seasonal" PBR textures you are talking about here. I have a full line of them on the DLS and, so far, I haven't had any complaints about the snow. Just configure your Content Manager to do a DLS search as shown in the screenshot below to see and download what I have on the DLS:

Content-Manager-Search-Criteria.jpg

Bob

bob

thanks for the search.

I am referring to KUID 439337:102xxx where there are approx 47 textures labelled as PBR Grass XX - Truly Seasonal. If you open up the description you will see all 4 seasonal colours, with winter showing a grey tinge.

i have tested by putting 4 Truly Seasonal textures on the left and 4 PBR Grass seasonal images on the right in the attached link screenshot.

http://images.n3vgames.com/trainzpo...ll-RGB--Truly-Seasonal-grass-vs-PBR-Grass.jpg

The issue is that seasonal objects such as track, buildings and trees are white which works well on the right but creates a signifcant contrast on the left side (Truly seasonal).

So why is this happening
Truly seasonal config file, winter use a diffuse texture of Albedo_winter and a normal texture of normal_autumn, which caretes the grey colour.
PBR Grass config file, winter uses a diffuse texture of Albedo_winter and a normal texture of normal_winter, which gives a white colour.

I tried modifying the Truly seasonal to change the autumn for a winter texture, and got a lighter grey colour, but still grey.

So the question,is, can these 4 colour seasonal textures be modified to provide a white winter colour to match objects?

bob

thanks for the search.

I am referring to KUID 439337:102xxx where there are approx 47 textures labelled as PBR Grass XX - Truly Seasonal. If you open up the description you will see all 4 seasonal colours, with winter showing a grey tinge.

i have tested by putting 4 Truly Seasonal textures on the left and 4 PBR Grass seasonal images on the right in the attached link screenshot.

http://images.n3vgames.com/trainzpo...ll-RGB--Truly-Seasonal-grass-vs-PBR-Grass.jpg

The issue is that seasonal objects such as track, buildings and trees are white which works well on the right but creates a signifcant contrast on the left side (Truly seasonal).

So why is this happening
Truly seasonal config file, winter use a diffuse texture of Albedo_winter and a normal texture of normal_autumn, which caretes the grey colour.
PBR Grass config file, winter uses a diffuse texture of Albedo_winter and a normal texture of normal_winter, which gives a white colour.

I tried modifying the Truly seasonal to change the autumn for a winter texture, and got a lighter grey colour, but still grey.

So the question,is, can these 4 colour seasonal textures be modified to provide a white winter colour to match objects?

KUID 439337 is for my items. Can you give me the specific KUID of the texture you are using so I can test it here?

Bob

PBR Grass 11 kuid:439337:101527
PBR Grass 16 kuid:439337:101927
PBR Forrest ground 4 kuid:439337:102106
PBR Arid 3 kuid:439337:102113

I ran a test doing the following:

1. Created a new route with four grid squares.
2. In each grid square I used one of the four PBR ground textures of mine:

<kuid:439337:102113> PBR Arid 3 - Truly Seasonal
<kuid:439337:101527> PBR Grass 11 - Truly Seasonal
<kuid:439337:101927> PBR Grass 16 - Truly Seasonal
<kuid:439337:102106> PBR Forest Ground 4 - Truly Seasonal

3. I placed track and roads in each grid square.

4. I changed the environmental settings to December and snow altitude to zero.

This is what I saw on the screen:

Texture-test.jpg

Other then slight differences I saw no real appearance problems although the track snow is brighter, which could not be helped. Consider it new snow. :D

Maybe I don't understand the issue here as some of what you typed in your reply is confusing to me, but everything seems to be fine, at least for me. I am using the PC version of TRS19 (build 111951).

Bob

I think he is wanting all the snow to be as white as that on the tracks. Since there is variety, use what fits your own creations best, I think.

Thanks Bob

Yes you got it correct. The track snow is whiter. Also if you add seasonal buildings, the roofs are whiter.

So I need to trade off 4 seasons of changing texture colour (which is what i need) vs snow that is a little different in winter( which i can live with). So i will be using all of your truly seasonal textures as I like to operate in all 4 seasons. Thanks for digging into this.

Dave

Back