TRC Crossings Not Working

conrail1225

I recently purchased TRS:19 and it seems to have broke my ReggiesTrainz crossings. I have tried both the older and newer versions of the TRC trigger and the TS12 version is the only one that recognizes the crossings. The newer trigger only recognizes other triggers and the traffic stoppers. And even though the crossings are recognized, whenever I send a train at it, it never triggers the crossings or traffic stopper. I have the most updated TRC script library and that hasn't seemed to help anything. Any advice would be appreciated.

I was just testing this today as I'm learning TRC system. I can at least say that some crossings/gates work and some don't. I assume it to be scripting. "Scenic" Lights and gates by "vincentrh" still work. This in '19 SP3. I started looking into it as a result of TRC signals not working in my copy of Penn/Berwind Phase 1. Add a gate/signal and the trigger just doesn't see it and nothing I do adds it to the gate config. But, for example, "TRC US M Scenery" works without fail every time when placed.

Last edited:
Somewhere I read in the forums that Vincent said to add the following to your assets config file for them work.

custom-category-list "TRC"

"Broken" crossings already had the custom-category-list "TRC" ...

Here is what did fix things for me - at least on two crossings so far..

- I found that the lights/gates were not attached to the triggers any longer...

- On a signal/gate that doesn't work simply open it's "properties" (in surveyor) delete it's "Name" and close. Reopen and enter exact same name and close. In my case the light/gate was now added to the trigger and showing in it's properties. So at some point it was "lost" as an attached object.

I went to another broken crossing and again the traffic stopper and signals were not attached to the triggers. This time I clicked the "if needed, click here to refresh the list" list and the Traffic Stopper was added but NOT the lights. And again, deleting then re-adding Signal Name added the signal to the trigger.

This was tested on <kuid:839374:1009> TRC US 8X20 GRS ST NB Cateye Rusted (reggiestrainz)

I've only "fixed" a couple of signals but I'm assuming this will work for entire route. This is on Dry Brook & Esopus Valley from Jointed Rail and TRS19 SP3.

Last edited:
"Broken" crossings already had the custom-category-list "TRC" ...

Here is what did fix things for me - at least on two crossings so far..

- I found that the lights/gates were not attached to the triggers any longer...

- On a signal/gate that doesn't work simply open it's "properties" (in surveyor) delete it's "Name" and close. Reopen and enter exact same name and close. In my case the light/gate was now added to the trigger and showing in it's properties. So at some point it was "lost" as an attached object.

I went to another broken crossing and again the traffic stopper and signals were not attached to the triggers. This time I clicked the "if needed, click here to refresh the list" list and the Traffic Stopper was added but NOT the lights. And again, deleting then re-adding Signal Name added the signal to the trigger.

This was tested on <kuid:839374:1009> TRC US 8X20 GRS ST NB Cateye Rusted (reggiestrainz)

I've only "fixed" a couple of signals but I'm assuming this will work for entire route. This is on Dry Brook & Esopus Valley from Jointed Rail and TRS19 SP3.

I tried both these methods but neither worked. The newer version of the trigger fails to recognize any gates or lights and the TS12 trigger recognizes everything but doesn't actually trigger anything.

I tried both these methods but neither worked. The newer version of the trigger fails to recognize any gates or lights and the TS12 trigger recognizes everything but doesn't actually trigger anything.

This is my same conclusions. I cant seem to get them to work no matter what.

Bumping this thread to ask whether there is any more information on TRC. I'm using the versions of Vincent's assets as mentioned under "Materials" on his website, but also the UK gates etc by Scottish, for which Vincent notes that "for now, the scenery objects aren't compatible with Trainz 2019 when on 'stream objects' mode" (don't know what that mode means). I have tried these on both a bare baseboard, and with a complex route, and they did work, but when I tried them with a later version of this complex route they did not - the trigger sees "Crossing CrossingBasic M", but not the full description of the Scottish scenery assets.

I have tried John's suggestion of changing the name of the scenery assets but that did not work.

Does anyone know whether there is any progress on making the Scottish assets work with Vincent's TRC stuff? Or any other clue as to the circumstances when they do work and when they don't?

This is on 114800.

Peter

A little late with this reply. Sorry to hear about your problems. I just finished installing about 6-8 of the TRC Crossing over a period of several days because I'm updating one of my older routes. Just ran a loco through the area that I updated and all the crossings worked. The kuid # for the trigger that I'm using is: kuid2:458053:100686:16. Hope this helps,

Bumping this thread to ask whether there is any more information on TRC. I'm using the versions of Vincent's assets as mentioned under "Materials" on his website, but also the UK gates etc by Scottish, for which Vincent notes that "for now, the scenery objects aren't compatible with Trainz 2019 when on 'stream objects' mode" (don't know what that mode means). I have tried these on both a bare baseboard, and with a complex route, and they did work, but when I tried them with a later version of this complex route they did not - the trigger sees "Crossing CrossingBasic M", but not the full description of the Scottish scenery assets.

I have tried John's suggestion of changing the name of the scenery assets but that did not work.

Does anyone know whether there is any progress on making the Scottish assets work with Vincent's TRC stuff? Or any other clue as to the circumstances when they do work and when they don't?

This is on 114800.

Peter

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?165378-TRC-Question&p=1892939#post1892939

From my prior posts and as confirmed by Vincent to be the fix (Reggie's crossing are missing this and he has taken down his site so I doubt he will fix them):

They can be made to work if you one to go through the hassle of modifying the configuration files yourself.

I answered how to fix the crossing in this forum post:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...ent-bug-fixed-!

The information that needs to be added (and included in the above post under my user name) is:

If you look in the config files you will see that they are missing:

custom-category-list "TRC"

This needs to be added under:

category-class "WX"

@stouthm: thank you for your post. I was using the trigger with exactly the same kuid as you quote. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't for me.

@sd24b: thank you - that sounds most promising. I will try it.
Should the category-class "WX" replace the current category-class "WT" , or should it be added?
Do you know whether vincent has any plans to update the trigger on the DLS? We want to put our route onto the DLS so of course any dependency has to be there as well.

Thank you again

Peter

I was beating my head on this today. Thank god for this thread, as "custom-category-list" never would have occurred to me to be important.

I was fixing a gate that started with a heap of other errors, but once I had them fixed it still didn't "register" with the trigger.

I had to add the custom-category-list tag to the gate asset, submit it to content manager, AND then go into surveyor and a change the gate name to blank and back again before the trigger "saw" it.

(This was working with already placed assets.)

Back