Final Beta Test 114205 (PC) and 114207 (Mac)

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
Update: We've released a new update for PC to 114281 to fix the copy/paste issue below.

We expect this build to be the final beta test update. The plan is then to release one more "Release Candidate" with Assertions and "legacy script errors" turned off before this update will go live.

Mac: There is a patch from 111956 to 114207 now available on your Beta patch stream.

Windows: There is a patch from 111956 to 114177 then a 2nd patch to 114207 now available on your Beta patch stream.

For those already on 114022, there's a new update available, but this time due to an issue with the patch installer, there's an extra step to update.[/COLOR]

Steps to update from 114022:

1. Download the Manual Patcher from this link
  2. Unzip the file (the location doesn't matter, just as long as you know where you unzipped it to)
  3. Run the "TRS19 Beta Patch Installer.exe
  4. The "target" required is the path to your TRS19.exe file in your beta install folder. So find that location then continue with the next step.
  5. Click Change Targets > Browse to your beta install folder > select TRS19.exe > Click Open
  6. Click Next then Apply Patch
This will update your build to 114205.

Changelist:

• Fix various crashes in Loop Line (DLC route in beta testing)
  • Fix for running numbers showing a white box (legacy material ordering issue)
  • Fix for LT R Stock DM" problems (assorted material ordering issues)c
  • Fix assertions and hang on loading KSC2 session (Mac)
  • Fixes to Cutscene mode
  • Fix for assertion - DriverScript::LocationMapObject> changing locations
  • Updates to texel factor error logs
  • Ongoing work with texel issues (appears to be exporter related)
  • Patcher fixes
  • Manual patcher fixes

Known Issues:

• This build has "Show Legacy script errors" enabled. This means that legacy scripts that do not utilise asynchronous streaming will not operate correctly (and you'll see a script error). This is done so that we can identify which scripts have errors and identify what needs to be done to resolve them. This mode will be turned off for release version (and switched back to the max compatibility setting)
  • Copy/paste function + Undo (or exiting the Tool tab) will clear the paste buffer.

Last edited:
PLEASE NOTE: There are new instructions to patch from 114022 in the post above. I've made this post so that if you read this before reading the post above, go back and read it. :)

Update from 114022 114205 went smoothly.

The comments about the Show Legacy script errors have me wondering if they should reported by us or does N3V already have a testing regime, at least for built-ins.

I got one of these messages for the main menu for the method World.GetVehicleList(). I already knew that method was legacy because I've seen it often for repairs I do for the CRG. Maybe you could let us know if we should try and fix/replace that method in repaired assets. The emphasis is on "try" since at present I have no idea how difficult that might be although I have used asynchronous methods before.

Concerning previous patches I posted about trains not emitting on session start from Portal using CPC on Port Zyd sessions. (But did work OK starting with Edit Session and then Drive.) Bug Report had been submitted weeks and weeks ago no no reply.

I don't see anything about on change list, but I'm happy to report that this patch fixes that issue. CPC/Portal now functions as configured on a session start.

Yes, that was a content update fix, so not in the Changelist. But glad it’s confirmed working

Patch to Build 114205 was quick and successful. Preliminary running of sessions on the GCR V15 route show no obvious operating difficulties. There are some legacy script reports, for example, with the BR Standard Van, kuid2:86627:2034:44, Script Class "Hybar", and the usual problems with JK script and superscript libraries, although these do not appear to affect the session operations. Further tests are in progress.

Regards,

Peter

The manual patch ran without any issue.
Opened an existing test route, a few tracks, and switches. got
TRS19 Trainz Debug Helper CXFiber:Update
TRS19 Trainz Debug Helper CXFiber.Update.JPG
When I clicked on Continue, the same popup appeared about 125 times. When it eventually ended, the route opened but was frozen. None of the controls worked, could just move the window around the screen. Nothing untoward showed in task manager nor in Resource monitor, TRSS19 was still running. Tried to close the Trainz Window but it would not close. The Trainz Launcher could be closed. Then the Trainz window finally closed.
Reopened the route and this time there was no issue, no popup.
Testing continues

For me this build has gone from bad to just awful. I had finally gotten all my stuff to work in build 114022. Now in build 114205 when I try to run a session all my trains just sit there with messages like "driver is stuck and awaiting new instructions" or no message at all and just sitting there.

Even Kickstarter Country 2 no longer works. All the assets are there, just cannot get the trains to run.

There are no errors showing in CRM and the DBR does not fix the issues. Multiple installs have the same issue. Out of solutions or things to try at this end.

Trainz is no longer fun for me. I'll just stick with build 111951 which was very stable for the most part

Last edited:
Mac 111956 -> 114207 went OK, but then the (E)DBR fails about 1/4 into "scanning for modified asset files".
I've checked the drive in Disk Utility, appears to be OK, but still the (E)DBR fails at the same place. By "fail" I mean the programme crashes.:(

the same popup appeared about 125 times.
>>
If you get the same assertion a few times, it is best to hit Ignore and Continue. :)

Mac 111956 -> 114207 went OK, but then the (E)DBR fails about 1/4 into "scanning for modified asset files".
>>
Please create a new local data folder to test the build is working.
For the old folder,
(i) create a backup copy
(ii) delete the assets.tdx file and /cache folder then retry

CP Rail SD40-2 5865-5879 Multimark is still bugged.
>>
I assume you mean the green textures you reported earlier? This is fixed here.
Looking at
<kuid2:338228:100501:2> CP Rail SD40-2 5865-5879 Multimark from sc548
Please provide the KUID and dependency KUID list

"driver is stuck and awaiting new instructions"
"Even Kickstarter Country 2 no longer works. All the assets are there, just cannot get the trains to run."
"Trainz is no longer fun for me. I'll just stick with build 111951 which was very stable for the most part"
>>
The most likely explanation is that you have one or more assets installed that are either newer or older than in our testing. If you give up now, the problem won't be fixed.
I suggest creating a new local data folder, which I'm sure will work fine, then comparing the list of KSC2 deps in one build versus the other.
Any differences could lead us directly to the problem.​

We've also released the fix for the copy/paste issue (build 114281 for PC).

Last edited:
Testing existing routes continues with both Kickstarter County 2 and Kauai 2008 from Tane loading and sessions running without any issues.

Then I created a new route. Placed two Portals, basic 30501:22006:5 and basic short 96914:22000:2.
Each was programmed to produce a consist and sent it to a third portal that would consume everything.

I ran the session, waited and nothing happened. No consists were emitted. Saved, reopened and still nothing happened. Did I forget how to use a portal? Did I miss a memo?

Not to sound dumb or anything, but is this the beta for TRS2019 SP4? In any case, looking forward to the release!

Now in 114281 and the portals still refuse to create any consists. hmmm. See#14 above

====================================================
So I plunked down two engines and gave their drivers the same instructions that the portal consist have. "Navigate to the 'Portal Basic Exit' "
They both went on their merry way but when the first engine got to the threshold of the portal, it stopped . When I drove it in on manual, it drove right through and derailed on the other end, as if the portal wasn't even there.
When I wentto change the focus to the second engine, I got a ClientMaterial error
TRS19 ClientMaterial.JPG
After continuing, the focus was on the second engine but it too stopped at the portal threshold.

Last edited:
Another existing route that has portals was tested. Nothing gets emitted and while a consist already in the route entered the exit portal, the portal didn't consume the whole consist. It only entered about 100m in when it stalled in Portal -25:1264

Martin - our portal tests are fine here. Please submit a bug report and include a link to your routes (ideally crate a test route to demonstrate using only existing DLS or builtin content

Back