Moving Installed Payware from TANE to TRS?

davemare

I am moving from TNE to TRS with a large custom route and many sessions that I hvae been building for the last 4 years. When reading the move content knowledgebase it reads that installed Payware will not be transferable from TANE to TRS. Is this accurate?

My challenge is that I use a lot of installed payware in my route as It is built with seasonal change capability. Is there any mechanism that would enable moving Payware to TRS?

Or do I need to go back and replace all payware in the route prior to transferring to TRS?

Any thougths or ideas would be great

thanks

Dave

Payware content purchased from N3V's store are transferrable. All what you'll have to do is redownload the content from the Trainz Content Store and you'll be up and running. Steam versions will only work in Steam versions of Trainz. You don't want to transfer these manually since TANE and TRS19 have different content set built into the game so redownloading is the only way.

Payware / modified content from 3rd party sites (not DLS / DLC payware from N3V / Steam) can be exported as cdp files as normal and installed into TRS19.

Cheers

Reinstalling Payware

This is Trainz Platinum or 2019 Version shown here, yours version will vary.

For mine I click on Content Store and each click below takes me to the following selections.

Click on the picture ICON and the next info window opens up for more descriptive notations on what this Payware DLC has to offer.

Now Click on LIST FEATURED ASSETS link, and if installed it will launch your Content Manager showing what Assets you have installed...I find this very helpful,,,,,,Who knows what the exact names of Assets, individual, Routes etc naming convention.....That is the just the nature of the Beast when you look for Assets.......

I hope this helps, remember as I mentioned your Version of Trains may not look like this, in older versions, you have open your Trainz and look for item that installs/downloads your Assets.....In Trainz 2019 I think is when it changed to this style of finding UPDATES

STORE PURCHASED UPDATES selection hot links in this Module..........

Also be aware many DLS items in Tane can not be packed into a CDP and transferred over as they often break. If that happens, these too will have to be re-downloaded from the DLS, a real PITA.

Also be aware many DLS items in Tane can not be packed into a CDP and transferred over as they often break. If that happens, these too will have to be re-downloaded from the DLS, a real PITA.

You know it has been a few years since I Owned TANE, and you are spot on right Sir!

You brought some bad memories in the Cobwebs of my mind, I did go thru that many times, never quite understood why that would happen, when it did, I would try to download directly from DLS, most of the time it worked, but I do remember some Routes for whatever reason, maybe too old TANE would balk and have hissy fits.......

Thanks for information......

Thanks everyone for the guidance. I have spent several days playing around with content manager, payware installs and missing assets. It seems I have sorted things out except for 1 faulty route- Eagle County. It has so many missing assets. I didnt install it, and cant seem to find an uninstall, other than a hard delete. It probably doesnt impact things, however I try and keep my content clean of faults and warnings as much as possible.

I did load my test route and sessions and found out a simple way through the custom content screen to download my missing assets. Had to go and get a few form TANE but it all worked out.

I am now going through all my downloadable , payware and modified assets for my large route in TANE and comparing to TRS assets to ensure that it loads smoothly. So far I have cleaned up lots of similar textures, so KISS is the word of the day

Back