The antelope config file gets corrupted ever time I download it

Kuid number? With 1/2 million assets in the game hard to help without specifics. Given none seem to exist for that, even harder.

I recommend excluding the TRS2019 program and your data folder from real-time scanning in your antivirus. I suspect that your antivirus is corrupting your downloads. This is not unusual since the files are in compressed files that are decompressed when the data is installed and are they themselves in compressed files that are decompressed when viewed or accessed within TRS2019.

The antivirus program sees these files as new and scans them and will interrupt the installation and accessing process by TRS2019. This can not only cause poor performance, but it can also cause data corruption. By excluding these files from real-time scanning, the antivirus won't stomp on the files and corrupt them every time they're accessed, but the files will still be scanned as always when your antivirus program runs its file scan.

John, the file might not be corrupted. He's finding the config.chump file in the editing folder in CM - see this link: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?164950-Antelope-4-4-0-TRS19&p=1887364#post1887364

For some reason CM is not converting the .chump version of the file to a .txt file. I've had this happen but I don't remember why CM does this occasionally.

Bob Pearson

The file is downloading, but not submitting. There are two causes for that.

1) The antivirus is stomping.
2) There's a .fbx file in the folder.

If there's a .fbx file, delete it and the asset will submit.

Excluding the Trainz folders works as well and is a good thing anyway.

Thanks for that info John.

I originally dl'd all the 4-4-0s (all 22 of them) from Trainz Forge when 32RedFire 1st started requesting help with problems he had installing them.

Both the TANE and TRS19 versions (yes 44 total) installed into TRS19 build 100240 with no errors reported in CM. Trainboi1 used the same kuids for both versions so CM left the TRS19 version open for editing because I didn't delete the TANE versions I had just installed before installing them. But I submitted them all without errors. The TRS19 versions do have a number of .fbx files in the folders but it made no difference in build 100240.

I just tried the same procedure in build 111951 and CM behaved a little differently. I don't use build 111951 - I never installed SP2 and now SP3 with all the problems as far as I'm concerned it's still a beta. But I did exactly the same installing the TANE version 1st and then the TRS19 version. CM left the TRS19 versions open for editing just as before. But when I submitted them all the following were left open for editing with a config.chump in place of the config.txt:
<kuid:648132:100339> Antelope cab
<kuid:648132:100341> Central Pacific 28 'Gold Run
<kuid:648132:100276> Central Pacific 29 'Antelope
<kuid:648132:100386> Central Pacific 29 'Antelope' Post-Tree

I deleted all the .fbx files in each of the above asset folders and then they submitted without a problem. But all the other 4-4-0s had at least 1 .fbx file so what gives?

So just deleting the .fbx files fixed this in TRS19 build 111951. Just as you suggested. But I thought .fbx files were ok in the folders. Isn't that the only way to get CM to create the .trainzmesh files that it needs? I seem to recall N3V stated there was no need to remove them unless you didn't want the mesh source files distributed.

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
I think this is yet again another bug that is being addressed, or should be addressed in the upcoming SP4 if N3V is smart about this. This is why the .fbx files were fine in previous versions, but not the current 111951 build.

Build 111951 isn't that bad, but it's not a super release. It does address the quirky track issue and some other things such as portal crashing consists, though.

Last edited:
I think this is yet again another bug that is being addressed, or should be addressed in the upcoming SP4 if N3V is smart about this. This is why the .fbx files were fine in previous versions, but not the current 111951 build.

Build 111951 isn't that bad, but it's not a super release. It does address the quirky track issue and some other things such as portal crashing consists, though.

I've got Build 111951 and I just installed the Central Pacific McK&A 4-4-0's and getting three errors, one error each for <kuid:648132:100386> Central Pacific 29 'Antelope' Post-Tree, <kuid:648132:100341> Central Pacific 28 'Gold Run', and <kuid:648132:100339> Antelope cab, all the same error relating to 'drains.fbx': Error, T19188: FBX: animation is applied to multiple targets. The other locomotives don't have this problem. Also, for <kuid:648132:100339> Antelope cab, the config file is a CHUMP format file and there's two .fbx files and .trainzmesh files: drains.fbx and shell.fbx, drains.trainzmesh and shell.trainzmesh. Also, for <kuid:648132:100341> Central Pacific 28 'Gold Run', the config file is also a CHUMP format file and there's .fbx files to go with all the .trainzmesh files and all the .trainzmesh files have replaced all the .im files except single-triangle.im. The exact same thing has happened <kuid:648132:100386> Central Pacific 29 'Antelope' Post-Tree that happened to <kuid:648132:100341> Central Pacific 28 'Gold Run', the config file has been replaced with a CHUMP format file and there's .fbx files to go with all the .trainzmesh files and all the .trainzmesh files have replaced all the .im files except single-triangle.im.

I've got Build 111951 and I just installed the Central Pacific McK&A 4-4-0's and getting three errors, one error each for <kuid:648132:100386> Central Pacific 29 'Antelope' Post-Tree, <kuid:648132:100341> Central Pacific 28 'Gold Run', and <kuid:648132:100339> Antelope cab, all the same error relating to 'drains.fbx': Error, T19188: FBX: animation is applied to multiple targets. The other locomotives don't have this problem. Also, for <kuid:648132:100339> Antelope cab, the config file is a CHUMP format file and there's two .fbx files and .trainzmesh files: drains.fbx and shell.fbx, drains.trainzmesh and shell.trainzmesh. Also, for <kuid:648132:100341> Central Pacific 28 'Gold Run', the config file is also a CHUMP format file and there's .fbx files to go with all the .trainzmesh files and all the .trainzmesh files have replaced all the .im files except single-triangle.im. The exact same thing has happened <kuid:648132:100386> Central Pacific 29 'Antelope' Post-Tree that happened to <kuid:648132:100341> Central Pacific 28 'Gold Run', the config file has been replaced with a CHUMP format file and there's .fbx files to go with all the .trainzmesh files and all the .trainzmesh files have replaced all the .im files except single-triangle.im.

Yes. The .trainzmesh file remains, but the .fbx files can be deleted because they're the source files. If you want, copy the .fbx files elsewhere, but they're not needed. I ran into this issue the other day with an asset I installed. Deleting the .fbx file fixed it.

Back