Funny things happening or is it just me ?? (Probably) Build114022

gch

It's a funny old World in the land of Trainz.

I am experimentix with the newest build and it does 1 funny thing in particular.

I have built a large forest stuffed full of trees (PGTree9_D3_3-809) and then routed quite a few footpaths throug it (ch footpath 1).

I go through and move the trees away from where they are in the road or overhanging it.

When I next access the route I discover that there are lots of trees on or overhanging the road again. I have cleaned it all up 4/5 times and it apparently keeps happening.

Does this sound familar or just confirmation that I am losing my marbles. Any ideas?

I don't see any point in reporting it until the new repaired build is released.

Graham
Shefford,
Bedfordshire

Well I'm not sure but aren't you on a beta version? It's certainly not SP3, therefore you should be filing a bug report so they can sort it BEFORE SP4 is released. Otherwise if it gets missed someone will complain that it wasn't fixed before releasing SP4. Also depends on whether they can re-create the problem.

After you make these changes, have you completely saved your work before you shut down? If it has not been saved properly, it'll open up the way it was.
Good luck, Roy

Another thought. Are these changes being done in the session and not the route so the changes don't appear when the route is opened for editing?

We've all done that at some point and it's extremely confusing and messy.

tHANKS jOHN,

iT TOOK ME forever to understand the sublety between sessions and routes and that is one I now get right.

Thanks Roy, I am a 110% certain I save it proper.

Alikiwi, I will certainly report it as a bug

Graham

Graham,

You're welcome. :)

I just did this to myself the other day. I spent hours fixing things on a very large route and when I discovered some rolling stock, I knew I was in trouble. I don't put any consists on the route and only in the session, and in this instance I was editing along the mainline where there was nothing to see until I came upon my freight yard.

As we've asked many countless times, please, oh please, oh pretty please, can we have some kind of indication somewhere as to which layer is active? :eek:

It happens in SP3 as well. I had some cows mooing louder than the locomotive and grass invading the tracks so I removed them. Packaged the route and sent it to Taggy to do some work on and when I received it back, some of the cows had returned and a lot of the grass. The grass was either moved or deleted, but the cattle were removed by copy paste methods. Surely only an annoyance, but goes back further than the latest beta.
The only other weirdness was having no faulty assets, performing a 'delete missing assets' to clear some Transdem textures and losing several types of signals, mainly gantry type, also in SP3. 111951
** Yes, I know how to save and NEVER work in a session while route building. My UDS workflow is edit route and build, save, drive, don't save and close, edit route and build.
Graeme

Last edited:
Thanks, Graeme.

Ist time in 73 years I've written to a Graeme.

Its s good to have confirmation that what MIGHT appear to be an impossiblity does really happen. you've restored my faith in me.

Blushes, but I don't know what UDS means. How does your procedure help? It sounds like a wacky N3V issue where no one has any idea why but, in the real World, it works for you.

\most interested.

Graham,
Shefford,
Bedfordshire

Thanks, Graeme.

Ist time in 73 years I've written to a Graeme.

Its s good to have confirmation that what MIGHT appear to be an impossiblity does really happen. you've restored my faith in me.

Blushes, but I don't know what UDS means. How does your procedure help? It sounds like a wacky N3V issue where no one has any idea why but, in the real World, it works for you.

\most interested.

Graham,
Shefford,
Bedfordshire
Unified Driver / Surveyor. I included my workflow only as an example to show that it's not session/route confusion causing the issue. The pitfall with UDS is that if you return to building immediately after switching from driver mode, surveyor places you in Edit Route with the session layer as the active layer. Close without saving and then reloading to edit the route stops that from occurring and prevents work loss from "accidents".
cheers
Graeme

Back