Control Point Simulations

RI4321

Any one know if they will respond to their emails been trying but no response as I would like to buy more of there payware locomotives.

Their payware locomotives link is tagged "EMPTY" and leads to nowhere. When trying to buy the Hawaii route, I get this: "Checkout is closed This store isn't set up to process payments".

The domain registration is set to "private" so a check with "whois.com" returns no good info other that the domain itself is good till 2022.

I think all you can know is what HPL said.. When you put something in the cart a msg at top says the cart is not setup for payments. So they have a working website, a working cart, but the cart has not been configured. I'm not familiar with this site. Have they sold before using same cart? If so, then they decided to abandon the cart without removing the cart scripts, or, they have some other problem with the cart host. All you can do is try the email form once a week or so. But I'd have to wonder... if the cart is not configured have they configured the contact form with their proper email? (rhetorical)

Last edited:
From what I seen in their forums they are young and in school still from what I gather so I'll just what & send a email like you suggested from time to time.

Hello. I am the owner of Control Point Simulations. We are working on some issues going on and we are on it. No worries. Everything should be resolved soon. For the payware, we are working on bug fixes and they should be up when the next release comes around. Thank you.
-Jeff at CPS

Thank you Jeff for responding and letting us know what is going on and that all will be resolved soon.

Thank you Jeff for the update there. I know that I for one look forward to getting your Hawaii route. It looks fantastic.

Hi as of Oct 07, 2021 when I attempt to buy payware, paypal sends me back to a blank page on your site.
I have tried a few times and no joy. Hopefully you can rectify this issue.

Thanks

will CPS come back to life
No. They closed their site after running into licensing issues with railroad companies or something along the lines of that. Most of their members have moved on and joined other sites. Audie (AMM4425) for example found himself a place at Jointed Rail and is now making content at a much higher quality than how it was on Control Point Simulations.

Back