Enviromental question

lenscab

I have a route I am building and I would like to know if there is a way to freeze the time, date, month, etc please?.
Len

I have a route I am building and I would like to know if there is a way to freeze the time, date, month, etc please?.

Not sure I understand what you mean by "freeze".

Date (day, month) are set in the Environment Tools - see https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_Environment_Tools#Set_Date but the only effect this has is in setting the season of the year, in conjunction with the World Origin North/South setting.

Time is set using either of the Startup Options Rule or the Time and Rate Rule.

When in Surveyor mode, the time does not advance so it is "frozen". Time only changes when in Driver mode.

I spotted this Region asset by GDennish on the Download Station very recently. It might just do the job.

<kuid:217537:1575> No Sun Region

"Region with the sun locked in one position only."

If the sun is locked in one position, I presume it means the diurnal clock has somehow been stopped.

I would like to set the game time to sometime pre WW1 however I do not believe that the years go back that far

The calendar year in the Environment settings does not matter. There is no function in Trainz that requires the year.

You would make a pre WW1 layout by using pre WW1 scenery assets and rolling stock, it would not matter if the calendar said the year was 1911 or 2011.

Clicking on a date and setting up the lighting usually works along with not saving new sessions over the currently set time and date, and everything should remain fine. I did that with my routes because I'm not interested in autumn or winter routes. I have plenty of cold weather to contend with and enjoy the warmth, well not this year because there was too much of it, of the summer months.

Thankyou for your replies,,, the thing is, it takes me that long to build a route that now a lot of the trees have changed cokour and it keeps getting dark and I just wanted to freeze it all until I had finished.
Len

That is because the date (and season of the year) in the Environment Tools will be automatically taken from the system date stored in your computer. It usually takes me 12 or months to build a route so I see some of the trees changing as well. It never bothers me but one solution you could use is to go into the Environment Tool Location control and manually set the date to a month that matches the season of the year you want to see. Then save the route so the date will be set to the one you have entered.

Time is stored in the Session using the two rules I listed in my first post. Normally Trainz will default to 10am in a route without a Session.

Back