Content questions

Forester1

Just wondering:
- When do these "new version available" become available to TRS19?
<kuid2:506034:455703:2> CN GP9 phase I
<kuid2:506034:455619:2> CN GP9 phase II (zebra)

-Why are there some PolRegio and PREG assets available via Trainz Content that don't have thumbnails?

Just curious, mind you, not criticizing. Thanks for any information!

EDIT: I now seem to also have come up with these two, the same as the CN GP9s.... Showing Newer version available Payware, but I did not see any updates in Trainz Content for them.
<kuid2:45324:100165:1> BN SD70MAC
<kuid2:45324:100046:1> BN SD60M

Last edited:
These are okay as they are there are no updates for us desktop users and the assets were updated for the mobile version. This is an issue with how the DLC servers work, according to Zec and Tony. Not all is lost for us, however. There have been updates periodically for these assets so check often for an update. I was pleasantly surprised one day with one of the JR locomotives I had installed. (I can't remember which one now of course!).

Just wondering:
- When do these "new version available" become available to TRS19?
<kuid2:506034:455703:2> CN GP9 phase I
<kuid2:506034:455619:2> CN GP9 phase II (zebra)

-Why are there some PolRegio and PREG assets available via Trainz Content that don't have thumbnails?

Just curious, mind you, not criticizing. Thanks for any information!

EDIT: I now seem to also have come up with these two, the same as the CN GP9s.... Showing Newer version available Payware, but I did not see any updates in Trainz Content for them.
<kuid2:45324:100165:1> BN SD70MAC
<kuid2:45324:100046:1> BN SD60M

New versions of assets become available when whomever created the asset updates it. There is no "timeline for updating".

peter

I guess the reason I am confused is that these are NOT necessarily NEW versions. The "NEW" BNs still say version 2.9, and the "NEW" CNs are still 4.6, which is trs19 sp1. So why don't they just release them?

Then in my opinion, it should be a DIFFERENT kuid, version number, or, it should NOT say it is AVAILABLE if it is NOT available. IT should say INCOMPATIBLE and be grayed out like other assets. Just sayin, to me it makes NO sense at all.

Then in my opinion, it should be a DIFFERENT kuid, version number, or, it should NOT say it is AVAILABLE if it is NOT available. IT should say INCOMPATIBLE and be grayed out like other assets. Just sayin, to me it makes NO sense at all.

The problem with giving them different kuids is that it will then become impossible to move routes/session between different versions of the program without having to redesign the route/session for each Trainz version. I agree that it is confusing but this is probably an unintended consequence of releasing a mobile version of Trainz. Not complaining about that as I have TC3 installed on my Android device which would be mostly useless without routes imported from the PC/Mac Trainz world.

A solution is probably needed but I cannot see one.

The consistent solution to me would be to call it a different version number, make it status "Incompatible" with TRS19, and gray it out in CM. That would be how it has always been treated before. Basically they are telling EVERYONE that bought TRS19 that new versions are available when they are not. To me that is neither consistent nor accurate. Making incompatible assets for a different platform and trying to call it the same is not a good solution.

Back