DEVs Please Read (and everyone else tell me what you need to know)

gt2006

I want to ask if Content manager and Download station could be changed to where you don't have to have a certain Trainz serial number, people like me who have older versions of Trainz such as TS2009 cant find much content to download, sure i have more than 70 engines but that's pretty much it for older content, at least for me, so please change the download station problem with certain content, also I am trying to figure out how the 3d models are made but i have come up empty handed, so please tell me.

PS... I use Trainz 2009 because my PCs slow, and I'm not angry at anyone, I'm just a little upset because I don't have at this time of post the money for the latest version of Trainz, which everything has been updated to that version. Those who have TRS2004 know what I'm talking about. Also I'm 14 years old so... yeahI'im just a little upset I'm not able to download thing I would like too, its mostly whistles that is what I'm mainly am talking about here on this thread.

Last edited:
gt2006, you should register your Trainz version.

To answer your question:

N3V can't really do that. If they tried to support all versions (UTC-19) on the DLS, they'd end up with a major catastrophe (like server overload, money problems and loads of complaints). It isn't worthwhile for N3V to support a version 11 years old when they need to focus on development of the Trainz 2019 betas and Trainz 3. Sorry to say this, but you'd have to upgrade your Trainz version to something like TRS12 or T:ANE to get a decent amount of DLS content. T:ANE is available for $7 USD on the N3V store and TRS12 can be found easily secondhand. Upgrading also allows you to get newer 3rd-party content and if you decide to create content, you can do so and provide it to many users.

If you can't upgrade, here's a small fix.
Use the DLS website and check the "TRS2009" through "UTC" boxes.

Hope this helped.

You should be able to use the DLS with any Trainz version if you have an FCT. So if you want to keep your version of 2009, you need to do two things: a) register you game & 2) buy an First Class Ticket.

peter

Edit: Got a little more clarification from the Devs. To download from the DLS into older versions you need to either have an FCT or a newer, supported, version of Trainz (TANE, TMR17, TRS19). Downloads in older versions are not guaranteed to work via the Content Manager, you may need to use the website and download the cdp files via your browser.

Last edited:
Back