Third Party - Not and Login Errors

Alikiwi

Apprentice Creator
Given trying to search for this Third Party, that are not issue, and posting this thread got me kicked out twice (!) I'll lump these issues together. I read the latest posts, fine. I do a search for this situation of freeware items suddenly becoming Third Party, and couldn't find anything though I know it's been discussed before, then I find I'm kicked out. Click on forums to post and kicked out again! This is not new but needs fixing - someone. Guessing not N3V responsibility?

Now the real issue. Suddenly in TRS19 SP3 I have about 90 items showing as Third Party that most certainly are not. Oddly whilst going into CM in Tane to delete any obsolete assets I find a similar number suddenly become Third Party and also a bunch of Build 4.6 items which clearly are not compatible, how the dickens did they even get there? Items include some Protrack, a whole bunch of NS50 drivers (train), Road1/2/3/4/ by Dap, a large number of UK Roads by Cliveroberts, 3 VR buffers and 2 VR BW wagons and VR CW van as well as a bunch of Carz Morris Minor, eg <kuid2:329364:1569:1> Carz Morris Minor Van 1.

The quick question is, how do you fix this, or do you ignore it and hope it goes away? I suspect the answer is not so simple.

My understanding of "Third Party" is that they (some at least) have been withdrawn from the DLS by the CRG for repair work. They will/should return (time frame unknown). I have come across the odd Third Party asset that was withdrawn due to a copyright violation by its uploader - I had to modify and re-upload a route and several sessions because I had used that asset.

Good Morning Alikiwi
Assets that are shown as 'third party' generally indicate that they are DLS assets that are currently in the Faulty Asset list. This means that our internal error checking system has detected errors at some point during a parse of the DLS content, and added the assets to the Faulty Asset list.

These will either need to be updated by the original creator, or by the Content Repair Group when they get to them. If you aren't sure if a creator is aware, then contacting them politely may help them to check and upload an update. For anyone with an older release of Trainz, simply uploading an unchanged update (so long as it's of a supported trainz-build number, otherwise it will need to be at least changed to a supported trainz-build number) will either result in an email with the errors that need fixing, or will update the asset and it will then function as it previously did.

I note a few of mine in your list. TBH I think I'd forgotten about them, as I've been pretty focused on other projects lately. I've made a note to take a look at my ones later today after work :)

Regards

I also noticed that if you down load an asset with dependences and the dependence has been updated and is on the DL but not visible yet it will download and be marked as third party.

Yikes! As of this morning Tane lists 91 as Third Party, and at least half of these have build numbers lower than 3.5! I can't imagine why the NS50 train drivers would have a fault suddenly, and there is even an Auran one <kuid:-25:1022> Franky.
TRS19 SP1 lists 20 such third party items, different list. TRS19 SP3 lists 139 items! It's also apparent to me that said items are NOT showing in the other versions of the game. IE Items listed in Tane are NOT shown as third party in TRS19. Likewise those listed in SP1 are NOT listed in SP3. How is that even possible?

??? As I write this, that list of 139 just change to 8!!?? Progress I guess but seriously weird. An example of weird is <kuid2:368725:49001:1> Protrack NSWGR plateless-spikes-left marked as Third Party in SP3, but not in SP1. More to ponder.

Back