Help With AI Train

Jayco-man

Ok I have a AI train leaving one portal and sent to another, so in between it comes to a switch and the light is green and the next light is green also, but the train slows down and rolls through the green light when the light turns red the train stops and it says its waiting for access to the track past that switch. I've tried several thangs with no avail. Thanks for any help.

Did you try a track mark after the switch?

AI driver sees the signal and switch, comes to the switch and then loses sight of the path to the portal. Have the driver set its sights on the track mark after the switch then have the AI driver continue on. If you have other switches, have track marks after those.

It doesn't have to be track marks if you have passenger stations, for example, or some industry the AI has to drive to, but in essence they are one in the same in this case.

I am having issues with my AI trains

I recently upgraded to the Platinum Edition but have now noticed that I am having difficulty getting my AI Trains to remember their instructions. Basically, they just sit there. I am new to the game and so I admit its probably something I am doing wrong, but I had them working before the upgrade so I'm wondering if its related?

Philip

I recently upgraded to the Platinum Edition but have now noticed that I am having difficulty getting my AI Trains to remember their instructions. Basically, they just sit there. I am new to the game and so I admit its probably something I am doing wrong, but I had them working before the upgrade so I'm wondering if its related?

Philip

Welcome to the forums, Phillip.

It could be related, but it could be other things.

Open up the driver message history on the left by expanding the message queue. It's a small arrow just above the driver's image.

With that open, manually issue a driver command such as a drive to (some destination) located down the track apiece.

If there's an error, such as track missing lever, or path not found, you need to drive the track yourself in that direction very slowly and search, or better yet, add some in between track marks and have the AI driver drive to one of those. If that works, repeat the process for another command until you find the problem.

With that said, you'll eventually stumble on the problem, usually via a derailment!

There are, however, some issues with the AI being stupid. You can try setting junctions ahead of the drivers and ensuring the signals are green for the driver. Once set, CTRL-right-click on the consist and choose continue schedule - you may have to issue stop first, wait a minute, then continue-schedule.

Keep in mind too that Platinum has the pause enabled when jumping from Surveyor to Driver. This means that nothing will move until everything is unpaused.

Hope this helps.

Back