Houston, we have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DARTrider

Goofy Fictional RR Owner
To whom it may concern (especially N3V staff),

I've caught a user who has converted RRMods payware for Trainz Android, and I think the situation requires that we all band together and report this channel. Furthermore, he also seems to have multiple PAYWARE and freeware assets being showcased in his videos, along with private models. To top it all off,HE EVEN HAS THE AUDACITY TO CLAIM THEY'RE HIS. HIS CHANNEL BANNER EVEN SAYS 'ALL CONTENT IS MINE'
His Youtube channel is referred to as 'Trainz Gameplay'

If you'd like, head on over and report his channel.
N3V/Mods, please don't ban me for anything I've said here, this is an ongoing issue that needs to be made aware of more and exposing channels like these means that less will pop up.

Thank you for understanding.

Last edited:
Well, there is no Trainz user with the ID "Trainz Gameplay", and you didn't provide any links to his website, YouTube or anything else.....

Rico

As has been said many times before, copyright infringements can only be reported to N3V by the copyright holder. You can make the copyright holder aware of the infringement so that they may act to have the offending material taken down. There have been many situations in the past where permission has been given by the asset owner for reskins etc. and the forum has exploded with angst and accusations. By all means make forum users aware of the infraction, but name calling and denigrating other users is NOT the way to do it.
The mobile version is here to stay and is an additional revenue stream for the company which assists in the development cost, keeps the lights on and keeps the Trainz running.
Graeme

Curious, I don't see that he is offering any downloads? If he just changed assets from the originals to make videos, then I guess he could argue that yes, the content is his and his alone, as long as he does not attempt to share it.

Curious, I don't see that he is offering any downloads? If he just changed assets from the originals to make videos, then I guess he could argue that yes, the content is his and his alone, as long as he does not attempt to share it.

He did offer a few downloads in his earlier videos.

He is. Look for videos titled "Share addons"

he also claims not to be indonesian, despite using indonesian slangs and other local internet references. i honestly feel ashamed knowing that most trainzers coming from my country are doing such nefarious acts. even local content creators are growing tired to see their payware assets being pirated.

While I prefer to say that the best solution for this problem is reporting the copyright infringement directly to the respective copyright holder, I had to say in a very honest way that I'm very ashamed with the fact that many of Trainzers from my country (Indonesia) are known as "those who like to do piracy". AFAIK many of local content creators in Indonesia are angered by those annoying guys, because they does not hesitate to breach the copyright by doing activities like illegally converting it to Android version and sharing it to the public (there is a trend that some of Trainzers in Indonesia are actually using Android version instead of PC version), illegally reverse-engineered someone's content and claiming it as his / her own, or even sharing contents that are not permitted by the creator to be publicly shared.

This is a very serious problem that drained the energy of many creators in Indonesia, resulting in many of them decided to permanently closed their site and strictly limits the distribution of their contents only to the very close acquaintances (which means that they're technically becaming vaporware).

Anyway, it is better for us to be very aware with those stinky guys...

Agreed, aryadwi. Wish there was an explanation to this, Indonesian locomotives are pretty unique and I’d hate to see them disappear from Trainz. We’ll have to find some kind of solution to this problem, as a community and as fellow Trainzers.

I don’t know about what the punishment is for doing this in Indonesia, but in America, pirate a movie, copyrighted something or whatever will get the FBI knocking on your door :hehe:

HE EVEN HAS THE AUDACITY TO CLAIM THEY'RE HIS. HIS CHANNEL BANNER EVEN SAYS 'ALL CONTENT IS MINE'

In a YouTube context, "CONTENT" refers to the video itself. Not the items inside the video. When a Content creator on Youtube streams a video game (eg. Call of duty), it's referred to as his or her content, despite them not owning Call of Duty.

Agreed, aryadwi. Wish there was an explanation to this, Indonesian locomotives are pretty unique and I’d hate to see them disappear from Trainz. We’ll have to find some kind of solution to this problem, as a community and as fellow Trainzers.

I don’t know about what the punishment is for doing this in Indonesia, but in America, pirate a movie, copyrighted something or whatever will get the FBI knocking on your door :hehe:

In both theory and practice, the system in Indonesia is technically almost the same with America, although I have to admit that the way to handle this in Indonesia is still "not so tight" in most parts due to many problems here. But anyway the police would "smash the door" if the copyright holder really reports it to the police with valid evidences. :hehe:

(glad to see that someone from other country had interest with Indonesian locomotives :))

N3V cannot moderate people's actions outside of our servers. If a user uploads content that isn't his to some other website, there is really nothing N3V can do about it. The issue is between the uploader, the original creator, and the website it is uploaded to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back