City and Country USA Suicide nod???

griffinjim

Trainz "Veteran"
Hi all, found something rather "disturbing" in the famous UTC era route.
I5cqQyjG-D_8a_pY8JGkhRaFpLWQsrxHX_TSTTxHp0E9CeMdhCAWTlBhaO2Or6UP8M9_-p5M8ubUPpA=s640-nd

In the corner between the "City" tile and the "Stone Bridge" tiles as i'll call them there is this person placed facing the edge of the map, in a secluded corner covered up by hills around it. Was this a subtle way to communicate a message from one of the devs? Was it predicting the financial suicide that Auran had with Fury in 2007?
I'm probably overthinking this, as in Trainz Driver 2 when they made more baseboards, the person is still there and there is no cliff.
I don't know at this point, let me know what you think. It's 8pm and I'm tired.

Some things that comes to my mind:

- Its possible what you said about the financial issues Auran would have. If this is the case then they where really predicting the future since its in Trainz v1.
FH9relU.jpg

(the route is so different in Trainz v1 than what it is today as it doesn't have the hills).

- Another thing that it could be used for is when reporting the route due to unauthorise uploading of the route. The route creator could say there is a person standing in this area, and when comparing you can see that it's the creator's route and not the one who uploaded.

- It could also be someone thinking out in the future of what the future will bring.

Cheers

Last edited:
Interesting theories, he looks even more out of place in Trainz v1. Maybe it's related to how they lost the production race of "first 3d train game" to MSTS?

Probably one of those glitches that Trainz was famous for. Things like splines going haywire and shooting up (or down) to infinity, or assets disappearing only to be found later at some far-flung corner of the map. Or in modern American terms, "this is positive proof of the Deep State stealing our children".

I hadn't noticed the figure in the corner. It is on every version of the route that I have; '04, '06, '09 and '19.

I know suicide isn't funny, but seeing this thread sure is and I didn't know. I don't play with C&C USA anymore because of bigger and better routes, but what a way to ruin my memories of my early days of Trainz (playing TRS2006 on my last computer with Windows Vista) from when I was an 8th grader.

Slightly off topic but serious enough to add it anyway:
Hi all, found something rather "disturbing" in the famous UTC era route.
Please take no offence at all, but are you sure it doesn't say more about your mental state (probably in combination with your age)? If suicide is the first thing that comes to mind, maybe it is time to have some good talks with your friends, family and maybe (if you follow any religion) someone in church.
I also suggest you don't visit the Grand Canyon or any high cliff or even roof tops in the foreseeable future, as you will notice hundreds or maybe thousands of "disturbing" people or get "disturbing" ideas.

I am not joking around here or trying to make a fool out of you. I don't know you and I don't consider this a topic to make jokes or suggestions about. Just for reference: my wife is a healthcare professional who has talks with people with these thoughts on a regular basis and my sister-in-law sometimes still has nightmares of that one time someone decided not to keep standing on the edge.

Alternatively it could be showing that you have a bad... no, let's not call it bad, let's call it "different"... taste of humor. Having (known) people who did run around with these ideas or witnessed it does change how much you joke about it. Or at least it did for me.

I visited the Grand Canyon. I spotted a lot of people who, like me, were enjoying the view. Yes, that's right, that person might simply be enjoying the view.

Back on topic:
I expected to be more likely an editing mistake or a deliberate placement of someone enjoying the view; an Easter Egg maybe?

I remember this from 04 when I was a kid just wanting to wreck trains. Never thought anything of it back then. Being an adult now, I think it is probably a glitch that no one really noticed because it is so out of the way.

Back