"wheel slip" and rail squeal issue in DCC mod

STLSF4003

Ever since SP 2 or whatever SP came out this year, I've noticed on some steam locomotives while in DCC mod that the driver wheels will spin much faster then the speed at which the engine is moving while on engines that don't seem to have this issue I'll hear the rail squeal sound effect that is used when a train loses traction and yet the wheels turn at the same speed as the engine.

This issue is most notable at around 5 to 10 MPH and gets' on worse as the engine picks up speed.

It's a problem since TRS19 with SP3. The wheels are spinning at twice the correct speed in DCC/AI mode. In CAB mode the speed of the wheels is correct.

Peter

It's a problem since TRS19 with SP3. The wheels are spinning at twice the correct speed in DCC/AI mode. In CAB mode the speed of the wheels is correct.

Peter

I know that switching to cab mod fixes the issue, I've also noticed that when in cab mode the control's for some engine's wont respond to some keyboard commands like the throttle or reverser and i need to use the mouse to work those controls.

Back