Trainz 19 is been lost

MNIBARI08

Trainz veteran
The TRAINZ 19 SUPPORT HAS BEEN LOST TO A MOBILE VERSION then asking more cash on subs from users, 8 bucks for mobile version does not help at all

Trainz 3 will be its downfall.

I have been using Trainz for over the years and its come to this

yours

Matthew

Don't worry
The bulk of Trainz users will still be on PC/MAC
N3v made a logical/smart move to also put it on mobile, it's a big and growing market.
All these new users will after a while also want it on their PC/Mac, so they can build routes and make content
thus we get a new group of Trainz users (to replace us oldies :) )
in the long run it will be good for us all

The TRAINZ 19 SUPPORT HAS BEEN LOST TO A MOBILE VERSION then asking more cash on subs from users, 8 bucks for mobile version does not help at all

yours

Matthew

They have had mobile and ipad versions for a few years now and it's made no difference. It's OK for the gadget obsessed Kids which is a source of income they can't ignore.

And there is a TRS19 beta going on at present, hardly being ignored.

There is nothing to worry about.

I have downloaded and installed TS3 on my mobile and, occasionally, I actually use it. TS3 is NOT a threat to PC/Mac TRS19 but I am quite happy to contribute my $AU12.99 (minus what Google takes out) to N3V.

Matthew, Dear bOY,

pLEASE CALM DOWN a bit. I don't know what the relative numbers are but I suspect the new version is small fry. (but building up)

Their real bread and butter is the big boy's version, trs19

I have no doubt that N3V know that and if they ever stop developing it, they will sink without trace.

Graham, Shefford, Bedfordshire

yours

Matthew

Matthew,

You don't need to worry. N3V have had mobile/iOS versions of Trainz before, and they haven't stopped development of the PC/Mac versions. N3V are a bunch of guys and girls who know what they are doing, and what is in the best interests of the company (and still do what suits us as well).

I've been around Trainz since almost the beginning, and I've never seen them even hint at dropping PC or Mac support. That is their core user base, and getting rid of us will be extremely hard at the moment (some of us may flake out and waft away for a bit, but we tend to come back again, or lurk in the shadows).

Chris

Quite the reverse - TS3 is the best thing to happen for TRS19 in a while.

1. Due to the focused testing on a small content set, and due to large chunks of shared code, TS3 testing uncovered bugs that we could not repro in TRS19 (so they will be integrated into the next update)
2. Revenues from TS3 provide an additional revenue stream. This allows us to employ more staff, which we're in the process of doing. So that helps all versions of Trainz.
3. Some mobile users will discover Trainz and move over to desktop.

I’m glad they worked on and produced TS3. Mobile is a large market and they are still producing betas and updates for PC and Mac.

thanks for your understanding as I had a few users that say 19 has lost it support so I am worry a bit and some have notice that Tane has lost support fully so please do not take it the wrong way

yours

Matthew

Small problem......

THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE CONVERTING CONTENT FOR MOBILE
Unfortunately, Trainz mobile is a harbor for content re-uploaders/converters, and even when N3V puts out a notice, they keep doing it. Not saying TS3 and any other Mobile version is bad, just saying that the community isn't the best. I'm afraid I'll have my content converted and I'll have to shut my site down.

Back