CAN ANY ONE HELP ME WITH THE 4-4-0 s from Trainz forge

Also I think the faulty thing has to do with the file because I downloaded the same exact files on trs 19 on pc and Mac so it probably is the file it’s self

Restating what pencil42 said, delete any .fbx files in the content folder, do this by doing the following:

1. right click on the asset
2. open in explorer
3. find any .fbx files in any form in the folder(s)
4. delete all the .fbx files
5. close explorer, and submit edits on the asset

If that doesnt work give us the errors in exact words, right click and hit "view errors and warnings" and deselect all the colored circles besides the red one on the popup window that shows the errors

The error is VE172:Script class dose not match asset kind (vehicle).
This is a script error associated with the .gs or gse file used by the loco and not the locos mesh, texture or config.txt files.

The error is in the class definition within the script referenced by the "script" tag in the loco's config.txt. If it is a .gse file you can't edit it to fix the problem.

What is the kuid of this loco?

It just makes no sense why the tender is fine bu the engine is messed up
The loco and tender have different custom scripts so getting an error in one and not the other is normal.

So I couldn’t find any .fbx files
".fbx" files are the source files for the ".trainzmesh" files you see in the assets folder. Normally you won't find any distributed with an asset unless the author wants you to have copies of them so you can modify the mesh in a model building program and re-export the model. They are not needed to load the asset into Trainz. I don't think Trainz Forge distributes the .fbx files with their models.

Yes they end with .fbx, but to see that suffix your "File Explorer Options" view tab has to have the setting "Hide extensions for known file types" has to be unchecked. To get to File Explorer Options, click on the Windows icon in the corner, start to type "file", and when "File Explorer" pops up DON'T click it, look down lower to where it says "Settings", and then has "File Explorer options". The view tab will be in the center of those options, then look down to find the hide settings.

I had to move everything over to a different drive and now the other Jupiter and 19 18 and 177 don’t work because it’s missing a dependency but I can find it out which one it is on trainz forge

The configuration text seams to be all messed up here is a picture
54b3f603-cdd4-45b3-ae11-0882850f03f0

I got everything els to work except the antelope I deleted all the fbx files but still nothing changed since the thing that is faulty is the cab and the antelope and the gold run bolt he use the same cab I’m looking through the files and I’ve narrowed it down ti it possibly being the sound files but I’m not shure and also on the script text in the config text it is .gs so how do I fix it

Last edited:
Back