No TANE.exe found for patching

packerati

Hi, Trying to patch my old Tane and patch installer asks for target to be TANE.exe in Tane install folder but there is no file of that name there, so cannot proceed..... any ideas ?

In my installation of Tane, the address of Tane.exe is:

C:\Program Files\N3V Games\Trainz A New Era\TANE.exe

If you buy Tane on Steam the address is different.

It should be in the directory where you originally installed T:ANE. Use your file explorer to search for Tane.exe, then direct the installer to it as necessary. It is not a hidden file by default but there is no harm in selecting show hidden files beforehand. Peter

Hi, Thanks for the replies, have already tried all the suggested ways of locating file, but no joy, seems the file is not there. The only files are in...Users/Guy/App data/Local/N3V games/TANE. and in there is just backups, cache, local original etc. Thinking maybe I should re install from disc and then apply patches and re install railways I have built myself. This is quite an old version of TANE hence why I need the patches.

Both in Tane and in 2019 it has 2 base folders. In one, the game is installed in general and in another the data is installed (downloads from the DLS, from third-party websites and what you buy from N3V).
You choose when you install the game your location.

In my particular case, it is different depending on the user and their installation tastes:

Base game installation place folder and where I have TANE.exe:
C: \ Program Files \ N3V Games \ Trainz A New Era \ TANE.exe

Database and downloads folder:
C: \ Users \ user \ Desktop \ TANE Dates

Hi, Trying to patch my old Tane and patch installer asks for target to be TANE.exe in Tane install folder but there is no file of that name there, so cannot proceed..... any ideas ?

Right click on shortcut or Menu entry > Open File location will find it.

Still no TANE.exe. There is nothing where it should be in C drive program files and believe me i have searched. There is a TANE app in D Drive apps but that just starts the game its not a folder as such. Looks like I will have to re install from disc, as Trainz will no longer start as without patches it is too out of date to access the Trainz servers.

If you can start Tane by clicking on the icon on your desktop, you have TANE.exe, the problem is that you don't know where you installed your Tane the first time, or on what disk you put it.
If you right-click on the Tane icon on your desktop and see properties, you will be able to see the address of your Tane.exe in my case, as I already told you:
C: \ Program Files \ N3V Games \ Trainz A New Era \ TANE.exe

Back