Thread: Trainz dls content on trainz sim 3

Default Trainz dls content on trainz sim 3

How can I get content from the dls on to trainz sim 3 on iOS?
    thanks, DJdabber

As far as i know, you can't download anything from the DLS or 3rd party vendors.

The only form of "new" content for trainz 3 is what N3V has on the store.

Not to mention highly unlikely content made in the PC version will work on the tablet plus all the Gb of assets many routes use from the DLS, too.
    Train Sim World 2 - The Future Of Train Sims Is Here

So in Short. You better have your credit/debit card ready. Cause that's the only way to get anything "new" in trainz 3.

TS3's content system is both a blessing and a curse. Its bad for the people who'd like to use 3rd-party content compatible with mobile versions in various applications (not conversions or re-posts), but its good for the people who run PC sites who don't want their content converted and uploaded to TS3's DLS. Better safe than sorry I guess

Quote Originally Posted by DARTrider View Post
    TS3's content system is both a blessing and a curse. Its bad for the people who'd like to use 3rd-party content compatible with mobile versions in various applications (not conversions or re-posts), but its good for the people who run PC sites who don't want their content converted and uploaded to TS3's DLS. Better safe than sorry I guess
    Doesn't stop them from trying though. If they want it bad enough, they will find a way of ramrodding an asset into the app whether the original creator ok'ed it or not.

I've seen it happen before to sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by STLSF4003 View Post
    Doesn't stop them from trying though. If they want it bad enough, they will find a way of ramrodding an asset into the app whether the original creator ok'ed it or not.

I've seen it happen before to sadly.
    Basically sums up why I hate TS3 and equivalent versions (Android, iOS, Driver, etc.).

United States of America, Michigan, Manchester
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DJdabber View Post
    How can I get content from the dls on to trainz sim 3 on iOS?
    thanks, DJdabber
    Apple & Google don't allow it.
    ~Peter

I do not provide support via PM.
    Now at a new location!
    www.americantrainz.com

I do not understand why anyone would wish to download content from the DLS to Trainz 3. In Android the app is what it is, and the content that comes with the game is what makes it very enjoyable as was the case with me while sat out in the garden this afternoon. Most Android gamers probably do not even know of the existence of the download station or even the existence of the PC game, and should they do so probably do not care anyway.

what matters is the development of the mobile version to those that have purchased and downloaded it. in that i feel that when more content has been added a subscription payment system should be offered to users so that the app can be developed further in a completely separate environment to the PC version.

The above has been the history of Real Flight Simulator (RFS) on Android and that has made it, in my opinion, the best flight simulator out there on any platform. in that way a huge amount of content is available to RFS users that has been developed for that mobile platform and nothing else.

Should it be that N3V can do the same as the RFS development team carried out then a very large money spinner would be in their hands, being such is the huge growth of mobile gaming worldwide at present and predicted.

So, for me as a dedicated Android mobile gamer these days, and i am sure many more like me, we will sit back and watch the development of Trainz 3 being that it has had a very good initial reception on the play store and await further development without trying to "ram in" content from the DLS.

Just take it as it comes.

im just saying that i want auran to put this in with the summer lake pass route: https://www.auran.com/DLS/DLS_viewas...AssetID=536856

oh btw i have money for content so...