A Freudian Slip?

Cayden

Trainz PC, iPad and Mac
Ra8cjj8.jpg

As someone who lives with a chronic illness my interpretation of a 'sick looking route' is plainly quite different to Mr Matthews.
A Freudian slip indeed.

Aye currumba! We could say so much more but the slick sick isn't a slip, nor is the English language happy! Too many slips and abbreviations make you want to find a new planet or a hidden railway somewhere. :cool:

Well, I believe sick has been replaced by bus. My sister was talking about something being really cool and said. It's so bus!

I wonder if that will eventually be replaced by tram?

Huh?

I grew up with cool and hip and far out and such. When I worked a summer job in college I worked with some high school kids only a few years younger that said things were "tab". I have no idea where it came from, but I don't think that lasted long, I think it was not natural.

Well, I believe sick has been replaced by bus. My sister was talking about something being really cool and said. It's so bus!

I wonder if that will eventually be replaced by tram?

Huh?

I'm wondering John, if she didn't say or mean " buff"......as in .....hell I don't know.....wicked cool.

What?? We don't say 'groovy' any more? When did that happen????

Groovy is an interesting word. I think it originated as a musical term to describe a tune that has a good groove Playing in the groove so to speak. The word escaped from a Greenwich Village coffee shop, Beatnik hangout and spread through the country in the mid 60's. .......kind of like some virus that escaped from a lab.

I grew up with cool and hip and far out and such. When I worked a summer job in college I worked with some high school kids only a few years younger that said things were "tab". I have no idea where it came from, but I don't think that lasted long, I think it was not natural.

Out a sight, Daddy-O ! So do you think tab was named after the Tab soda or the other way around ? I'm guessing the soda was named after from the expression. I think the soda lasted a few years longer though.

I grew up with 'cool' and 'far out' as well and I still sometime date myself by using them in conversation. As for whatever dialect it is young people are using these days I wouldn't have a clue.

Back