A Freudian Slip?

In my teen years we said stuff like "See you later alligator" and "After while crocodile." Old? nah!

Bill

In my teen years we said stuff like "See you later alligator" and "After while crocodile." Old? nah!

Bill

Blimey, "see you later alligator" thats going back a good few years as even i have a job remembering that one. Was it Bill Haley or Little Richard that made the top of the charts with that?????

They will be classing this as a forum for oldies before long. :D:mop:

Blimey, "see you later alligator" thats going back a good few years as even i have a job remembering that one. Was it Bill Haley or Little Richard that made the top of the charts with that?????

They will be classing this as a forum for oldies before long. :D:mop:

As Evilcrow said, it was Bill Hailey and his Comets. That was back in the Neolithic 1950's. I graduated high school in 1960. Spent my teen years in Germany.

Bill

According to my four grandchildren - 18 to 24 - "sick" is old hat and dates back at least 5 plus years. Current terminology is determined by the context and subject matter - apparently a really fashionable pair of shoes could be described as being "peng"!

Don't ask why???????????????????????????????????

According to my four grandchildren - 18 to 24 - "sick" is old hat and dates back at least 5 plus years. Current terminology is determined by the context and subject matter - apparently a really fashionable pair of shoes could be described as being "peng"!

Don't ask why???????????????????????????????????

I don't have any peng shoes at all, my shoes date back to the sick era and probably long before that in some cases, now my mrs, on the other hand, is strictly peng!

Rob.

Hmmm, it would seem that "Boss" would be making a comeback then, as it was used quite a while back.

I distinctly remember Eddie Munster describing things as Boss in the TV show "The Munsters," back in 1964 when the show came out in glorious black and white.

Frightening what we remember...I'm not sure what I just had for breakfast but I can remember "The Munsters." :eek:

This is a fun. I hope Caydon doesn't mind we've totally hijacked his thread. Nice chance to air out how old you are without giving particulars.

Heinrich, when I was younger, say the late '40s and early '50s, we only had radio to listen to, in glorious audio. It was cool enough. Didn't get a television until 1954.

Bill

Hmmm, it would seem that "Boss" would be making a comeback then, as it was used quite a while back.

I distinctly remember Eddie Munster describing things as Boss in the TV show "The Munsters," back in 1964 when the show came out in glorious black and white.

Frightening what we remember...I'm not sure what I just had for breakfast but I can remember "The Munsters." :eek:

Same here. I remember one Munter's episode where Herman was trying to be "cool' and started dropping "lingo" of the day.....such as .." I'm really with it, man ! " , all that jazz, " etc, and then would unload with that famous laugh..:D So sad that Marylin had such a hard time keeping a boyfriend. She'd bring them home to meet the parents and they'd bolt like a scared rabbit.

Back