TRS19 Beta 114022 (Take 2)

A lot of my engines do not have numbers. Just a white rectangle where the number should be. Some are JR's some are not.

Similar here with the ones on my WIP except the numbers all have white backgrounds probably as GWR numbers are brass coloured, something amiss with Alpha masking by the looks of it.

Is any one having problems loading DLC NYC J3a-Dreyfuss Streamlined Hudson sc489. I can load the tender without any problems, but the engine will not load. I am not get any errors now after multiple remove and reinstall with extended data base rebuilds. I just get a frozen screen .

Copletely gutted.I'ii report it next week but I have NOTHING that works.

HAVING SAID THAT,the Routes will load on 114022 butb when I go in via a session, it crashes out to the desktop. I therefore have the land that I have constructed buth no assets on it all.

cAN anyone help in this very dark moment??

Anything, please

Graham

Shefford

Don't be gutted - it's a beta.

I will stress again that we recommend beta testers have two builds - their "regular build" which is the latest official version, and their "beta build" which is for testing purposes only.

When a new build comes out, test it, let us know the problems. If it's stable, great. If it's not, just report the bugs then go back to the regular build.

Thanks for all the feedback so far - keep it coming.

Copletely gutted.I'ii report it next week but I have NOTHING that works.

Don't be gutted - it's a beta.

I will stress again that we recommend beta testers have two builds - their "regular build" which is the latest official version, and their "beta build" which is for testing purposes only.

I completely agree with Tony here. In the past I also made the mistake of doing ongoing development work in a beta build. In theory, what could be a better way to test out every feature than in a real "live" working environment into which you have poured your heart and soul. I'll admit that I found a few bugs that probably would not have shown themselves in any other way but I got badly "burnt" a few times and had to go back to a much older backup with hours (days, weeks even) of development time lost. I couldn't complain because I knew the risks of using a beta.

Now that I am older (and hopefully wiser) I keep two builds - the current latest stable release and the current beta. I do my serious development work (with backups) on the stable build and then copy it to the beta to run tests. I never go the other way of beta to stable. If the beta goes "belly up" I report it but I don't lose anything, not even sleep.

My thoughts.

Near instant download (22Mb) and 23 second rebuild after successful patch.
Ran prebuild command in TrainzUtil.exe (4 minutes flat).
All my settings preferences were retained and no new 'faulties' or 'Open for edit' items.
S.l.o.w. rebuild of the Main Menu screen, but existing routes and sessions loaded fairly quickly on initial start.
Test of runaround command ran smoothly and completed, even when siding was fully signalled (and then without).
Immediately noticed Running Number issue reported above on <kuid2:45324:100141:8> SP SD40T-2. Cab interior was invisible/ transparent for several seconds after switching to cab view, but once showing, was persistent.
Glad I have multiple backups of previous builds and UserData folders.
Had very few problems with the previous beta, unlike those (mostly Std build owners) who reported multiple issues purportedly fixed in this release.
Cheers! PC

OK, I'm not a route builder but I thought I'd check this version out with a route I made back in TS06 days. It still sort of works in this version but obviously needs some TLC.

But I got a swag of errors for Mike10's <kuid2:35412:37067:1> T Intersection which I must have used a lot in the route. The asset appears in the route but I can't move or delete it.

That asset now has a bunch of errors that are not errors in the regular TS19+. Its an old asset but it was working. The asset is not on the CRG's faulty list.

I imagine that asset might be used a lot by route builders that include roads. Anyone else noticed this?

OK, I'm not a route builder but I thought I'd check this version out with a route I made back in TS06 days. It still sort of works in this version but obviously needs some TLC.

The "upgrade" path from TRS12 (and **possibly** earlier) is not simple and, in my experience at least, involves loading the old route into TANE first. Fixing all the errors than can be fixed in TANE and then exporting/importing the result into TRS19.

The "upgrade" path from TRS12 (and **possibly** earlier) is not simple and, in my experience at least, involves loading the old route into TANE first. Fixing all the errors than can be fixed in TANE and then exporting/importing the result into TRS19.

It had gone through all the releases in between but I never had the time to clean it up properly. The problem I have in the beta version didn't exist in the regular release hence my post.

I have to agree that I am aware of the suggested proper process. I hold up my hands and say "mea culpa, mea culpa, mea máxima culpa.".

My defence is very thin. I joined in 2010 and have been beta testing, more or less, ever since then without benefit of doing what I should have done. I have been fantastically lucky in not having any problems until now.

I am hoping to strike lucky with a bit of help from N3V. If that doesn't work then its back to the drawing board for me.

Chastened and bruised but still boyed up by the wonderful news about James Ward-Prowse, his skills and leadersip now backed up by his loyalty'

Graham

Chastened and bruised but still boyed up by the wonderful news about James Ward-Prowse, his skills and leadersip now backed up by his loyalty'

Who? I had to Google that - he's an English Football player who just signed with Southampton (why I don't know) but it is English Football (Soccer) and so it is not supposed to make any sense.:D

Some observations about the last two builds, 113886 and114022, and why there may be so much disagreement on whether these builds have major disruptive bugs or just minor ones.

During the past 15 years I have built about 25 routes all under AI control. They all ran fine under builds 111951 and 113642.

I moved all of them into a second install with using build 114022. 15 of these routes ran without any issues - just like in build 111951. 10 of these routes either had a CTD or didn't work as expected. I fixed all of these 10 routes by going back into the build 111951 install and then for each route merged all the layers into the route layer. I then reinstalled these modified routes back into build 114022. They now ran as expected.

I have no idea why some of these routes would only run with layers merged while others were fine as is. It was not a track issue in build 114022. I tested the track in build 111951 and for all the routes the track was in the route layer. So it had to be others assets which contributed to the issue. I have no way of determining which assets were causing the problems when they resided in other layers.

My experience may explain why some testers see no issues with their routes while others have problems. Its sort of like the luck of the draw depending one which routes you are testing.

Sorry about that. Just a very small joy for me after a bad week on my lost layout. (all my fault )

He is the Southampton captain and has just re-signed showing to me that there is loyalty and respect. In other words, a beacon!!.
Just forget about it

He is the Southampton captain and has just re-signed showing to me that there is loyalty and respect. In other words, a beacon!!.
Just forget about it

Too late, it is seared into my brain :hehe: (but I wish the Southampton Saints well)

Update:

1. We still do not have a repro for any crashes - we need your help by providing links to routes/sessions that crash upon each load.

2. Running numbers - bug, task raised

3. <kuid2:35412:37067:1> - no problems here placing this in a new route. Please submit a bug report with repro steps.

<kuid2:45324:100141:8> SP SD40T-2. Cab interior was invisible/ transparent for several seconds after switching to cab view,
> CNR

UK style semaphore signals using the feather method.
>>
Please submit a bug report with full repro steps so that QA understand what is expected vs what is actually happening. (ideally including screenshots)

3. <kuid2:35412:37067:1> - no problems here placing this in a new route. Please submit a bug report with repro steps.
Please submit a bug report with full repro steps so that QA understand what is expected vs what is actually happening. (ideally including screenshots)

The asset <kuid2:35412:37067:1> was actually dependent on another that wasn't installed. The errors I got didn't actually say that but I followed the error trail.

Once the dependency was installed, and the error (eventually) removed I can add and delete the asset but the original seems to be glued to the terrain and I can't delete it. Collapsing the layer stack made no difference. I'll just leave it as a bit of abandoned road. :)

but the original seems to be glued to the terrain and I can't delete it
>>
Options:
1. Do a Delete Missing Assets
2. Copy and paste a blank area over the culprit object.

Also, we're still looking for crash reports so we're going to widen the beta group once again.

QA has just responded to me that they have received on of my routes which has a CTD. This is the route that has given me the most problems; CTD, missing track, Central Portal Control not working etc. Build 114022 may have fixed the track issue but a CTD prevents me from confirming this.

Back