Editing RRS type signals

Little_Boy921

Route Building Rocks
There's this issue I've been having with the RRS signals when editing their properties. I've noticed it whenever I would exit out of surveyor mode to go into driver mode for testing, and whenever I would go back into Surveyor. With these signals, you can change the signal type to 'Interlocking' or 'Automatic' and the switch direction. However, whenever I would make these edits, for some reason they would be undone whenever I would exit surveyor. Like they were reset to their default configuration upon exiting. I feel like I'm missing a step in all of this, like I've been skipping a something that wouldn't undo any edits I'd make on signals.

Anyone have answers to this?

RRS signals are no longer supported in TRS19. There's a large discussion on this from about a year or so ago, so I won't get into it here and I dare say the horse is most definitely dead (aka, there's no point in discussing it any further, just leave it at "they're not supported").

They still work in the route/sessions that were bundled with the game but IIRC there's a bug in the session saving that these settings are no longer getting saved properly, I think it was actually one of the service packs that broke this (unintentionally).

I used to use these extensively, especially the transit signals, but sadly they use old technology, but the problem is they have always had issues long before the last service pack. In the past, I have had them not turn on or change aspects as required, or act a bit slow. In other cases, a signal will fail, but going through a second time fixes the signal. They also would work fine over time, but become less reliable in very large routes. From what I understand, it has something to do with how the signal scripts work and the tables get bogged down.

So I take it from this message that there really isn't any of way of fixing this because it's thanks to a bug and that these signals are no longer supported. That really stinks :/

RRS signals are no longer supported in TRS19. There's a large discussion on this from about a year or so ago, so I won't get into it here and I dare say the horse is most definitely dead (aka, there's no point in discussing it any further, just leave it at "they're not supported").

They still work in the route/sessions that were bundled with the game but IIRC there's a bug in the session saving that these settings are no longer getting saved properly, I think it was actually one of the service packs that broke this (unintentionally).

Ok so I think I actually found the thread you were referencing and man does it really suck the dude who created the scripts no longer supports newer versions of the game. I've been mostly using the prr color light signaling which I used for my nec and lirr routes along the tri signals and it sucks really badly that they can't be edited :(

Back