Trainz Simulator 3 - TS3 Questions

Christopher824

CDETrainz.com
Just got this and it looks great so far, it was a fresh install. But I have some questions and observations.

I have Android so may not be the same for iOS.

• Where is the exit game button?
  • On the forum timeline, what is this game being called. Android? Trainz Driver?
  • Can we get a separate forum section for this iteration of the game?
  • When first installed, the graphics were broken. Psychedelic colors flickering. After restarting the phone, the problem goes away.. Maybe there is or could be a FAQ somewhere?

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I get into it.

Looks and works great on my Huawei P30 Pro and just purchased the UK HST set to run on it. Slight heating problem on the phone but nothing too bad and it seems to come and go while running the app.

Anyway Trainz3 has brought me back to Auran after many years of conversion to Android mobile gaming from PC. So, thank you all who have developed the app....great job.

Last edited:
Thought the lack of default UK content including routes is a bit disappointing.

This is a new platform, so I would be patient for the content that will be coming soon. I am trying to figure out how to get something on it right now, and I am sure some other developers as well.

So this question makes me ask this, what version/build is it on. 4.8 ?

Yes, there is a definite requirement for a couple of British routes on the Trainz Android app especially seeing they have placed the HST set on it. Would be nice to have a section of the Great Western on there, but it all comes to those that wait with Android mobile gaming I have found.

Mind you, having Bristol Temple Meads to Weston Super Mare would be "just lovely", but just dropping a hint......no pressure.

Hi guys!!!!!!! First things first, greeting the veteran trainzers -and everybody else- over here again.

And now let's get into it by bulleting. :D

• I decided to give it a try even though I knew this wasn't going to be a wonder after enjoying the full goodness from TRS 2019 on computer screen -and me not being very keen to phone or tablet gaming-.
  • Of course, at the beginning of the day this is a promising venture but so far lacking a lot of things we are used to enjoy on the full virtual reality brought in by the big bother's comp software.
  • Yes, yes, I know, this is the start of a new venture. Nevertheless, I confesss I haven't completed any of the sessions included -anyway this is the only thing you can do once inside the mobile app so far-. I should also confess that guided sessioning is not my favourite part of this digital amusement. :hehe:
  • I do think that until a surveyor mode is included, this venture is just intended for beginners and phone/tablet irredent lovers. Please, don't get me wrong. Sessions are dull and repetitive.
  • As for graphics, yes, I do know the mobile limited specs on performance and graphical steadiness. I didn't expect much on this. Well done, any way!
  • After this quick first impresssion, I daresay that, even though promising and opened to future improvements, IMHO based on my poor usage of phone and tablet gaming TS 3 is an amusement for android'ing while idle waiting at stations, airports, waiting rooms at doctor appointment or while you expecting for someting better to do just because you you don't have your full comp Trainz amusement available.
  • 7 USD price seems to be reasonable and sensible -regarding price/quality comparison-.

• BTW, I installed it on an affordable Huawei P30 Lite phone and is running flawless. Well done when taking take care of users who carelessly don't usually spend too much money on expensive devices.
  • It appears to use a lot of the battery charge, so let's hope the waiting time on professional appointments or travelling facilities are not very long. :hehe:

Thank you for reading and expecting to be back over here from time to time. Those were my younger trainzy days!!!!!

Side note: Ocassionally I enjoy my TRS 2019 goodness and create some humble assets for my needs while being on the Surveryor Mode. All of them placed downloadable on the classical IBerTrainz Download Site which is is still on -just in case somebody hasn't noticed it - :hehe:

Take care, all of you.

The android'ing time waiting bulleting side of Alberte :hehe: :wave:

Last edited:
Gaming on mobile devices is much more of a regular "casual fun experience" than the serious hobby that Trainz and other simulators bring by way of a PC.

Being someone who converted to Android mobile gaming a few years back from PC, I do not think that there will be many who will be expecting PC performance on their android phones. The big advantage of mobile gaming is that it is available to you anywhere and in any free time you have available.

The drawback in the above was the experience I had this afternoon. Just when I was really getting into Trainz3 and enjoying it, the phone went off.........twice.....aaaahhh​

Have been giving it a whirl on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S3. (android version 9)
first a mini tutorial
Then Europe Highspeed, Afternoon express.
I seem to be having an issue with tracks and ground textures - they are not showing. The consists, junctions, buildings and other things appear but the important parts are missing in action.

Closed the application and when I restarted, they all appeared.

First impression, easy to use, simple UI, but seems limited in what the user can do.
The six routes look to be a nice mix although Kickstarter County 2 is rather generic. Can new routes be made? By users?

Now had a chance to give Trainz 3 a reasonable run without the interruption of the phone going off while playing. As stated the phone is a Huawei P30 pro with 6gb ram and a HiSilicon Kirin 980 processor.

The Trainz 3 app runs excellent on the device with the graphics very smooth and probably visually below what the phone is capable of. There is a slight heating problem that seems to come and go for as yet no particular reason I can identify with. However, that seems to be in line with what others are stating on the Google play store.

Obviously, there is more to come by way of routes etc but the game is very enjoyable as it is and believe that Auran (or is it NV3 now) have probably got it right in terms of what Android mobile gamers would be looking for in a new release app.

As for the future, when a bit more content has been added I feel that a monthly subscription offer to users would be a great way to go as that has been the major player in the development of Real Flight Simulator (RFS) on Android. I subscribe monthly to that simulator and it has now become a great app to run visually with a huge selection of very high quality content which users can select from.

Now, if Trainz 3 can be brought to that level then NV3 I feel would be onto a real winner. That stated, a great start and a really enjoyable game to learn and play, with a few good laughs along the way in doing so, and that is what Android gamers are always looking for.

Last edited:
Gaming on mobile devices is much more of a regular "casual fun experience" than the serious hobby that Trainz and other simulators bring by way of a PC.

Being someone who converted to Android mobile gaming a few years back from PC, I do not think that there will be many who will be expecting PC performance on their android phones. The big advantage of mobile gaming is that it is available to you anywhere and in any free time you have available.

The drawback in the above was the experience I had this afternoon. Just when I was really getting into Trainz3 and enjoying it, the phone went off.........twice.....aaaahhh​

You take calls on your mobile phone?

Whatever next? ;)

If found it to be laborious.
Theres no obvious Free Roam mode.
Adding a loco and stock requires a million presses.
You can't "leave" a session unless you select another.
There are no (obvious) options to change things like derailment mode, the weather or time of day.
There are only 3 pre-made trains two choose from, despite there being 14 (14?) locos - of which the variety is wanting.
The dynamic lighting doesn't work on older ipads but no mention of this in the compatibility
Derailments are frustrating as you simply block the track.

Overall the new UI is just cumbersome.

So, all in all, disappointing so far.

I do wonder whether the development hours spent on this would have been better directed at the PC version, perhaps bringing us a TSW2 style timetable mode or something similar.

I already have a couple of train games on my iPad anyway, the excellent Hmmsim which allows you to run BVE routes and the equally good Japanese Train Drive 3, which also allows you to follow a timetable. So I really don't see much use for the abstract roaming of Trainz especially if there's no way to port across our favourite PC content.

Worth $98bn in 2020, the mobile gaming market will grow to $272bn by 2030, at a compound annual growth rate of 11% over the period, according to published f orecasts. That is the reason N3V have to place resources into development of the mobile gaming market.

I have no doubt mobile gaming is big business, you only have to look at the outrageous prices being asked in some games for packs of premium currency, diamonds etc. However from a purely personal viewpoint, as my eyes age I find it much more tiring and liable to induce eyestrain/spasm close focusing on a small screen rather than looking at a PC screen, even the laptop.

I wanted to ask if the PC version is still being developed or if they are now focusing on the mobile market because DTG is not there yet. I personally think very little of Train Sim World 2 and hope that N3V Games finally hits its match ball and tries to win over the disgruntled Train Simulator players.

Installed on my Realme 6 pro and working well.
This may seem crazy but I cannot find any way to quit the game anywhere from the menu
The only way I have found so far is to restart my phone.
I'm very obviously missing something obvious to everyone else.

HELP!

Terry

Back