Using Trev999's "skip to label if trackmark condition is met" driver command

Using Trev999's "skip to label if trackmark condition is met" driver command

Hi,

I tried searching the forum on this particular issue I'm facing and couldn't get the answer. I am trying to use the driver command "Skip to label if trackmark condition is met" by trev999 on a 5 track yard. The situation is that when the train approaches the yard it has to find the empty track and move in. The issue I'm facing is, in the driver command I'm getting options for using only 3 labels meaning I can use the command only 3 times in the schedule. Do point me in the right direction if there is anywhere this has been discussed or if I am doing this wrong.

https://images.n3vgames.com/trainzp...creenshot-of-Skip-to-label-driver-command.jpg

Last edited:
Instead of using three or more different labels, re-use the same label multiple times. Once the first skip decision has been encountered, the first label disappears. The second decision can use the same label as the first (skip to label 1).

The skip will always stop when the first matching label is reached so subsequent labels do not play a part in the decision.

I made a test session using five trackmarks, TM 1-5.

* Skip to L 1 if trackmark is occupied (TM1)
* Drive to TM 1
* Jump to L 10
* Label 1
* Skip to L 1 if trackmark is occupied (TM2)
* Drive to TM 2
* Jump to L 10
* Label 1

* Insert more command sequences here to handle other trackmarks
* Label 10 (Arrives here whichever trackmark is chosen).

Things get long-winded when many alternative tracks are available.

Hope this is clear to you

Trev999

Hi shahichirag

The command only has 3 options but it is possible to get round the limitation. Lets say that the 5 tracks each have a unique trackmark labelled "Track 1" through "Track 5". You would set up the driver commands as follows:-

Skip to Label 1 if trackmark Track 1 is unoccupied
Skip to Label 2 if trackmark Track 2 is unoccupied
Skip to Label 3 if trackmark Track 3 is unoccupied
Jump to Label 4

Label 1
Commands to enter Track 1
Jump to Label 6

Label 2
Commands to enter Track 2
Jump to Label 6

Label 3

Commands to enter Track 3
Jump to Label 6

Label 4
Skip to Label 1 if trackmark Track 4 is unoccupied
Skip to Label 2 if trackmark Track 5 is unoccupied

Label 1
Commands to enter Track 4
Jump to Label 6

Label 2
Commands to enter Track 5
Jump to Label 6

Enter some commands to deal with a situation where all tracks are occupied.

Label 6

You can chain the commands in this way - I use them like this for a 12 track yard.

I put these commands into a schedule in the Schedule Library so that they can be called up for any train using one command to copy them into the schedule for that train.

Regards

Brian

I use <kuid2:61392:7001:23> NavigateToTrackmarkList v2 (SP2 and later) by pguy and it works great. You can tell the train to drive to the first open trackmark in a list or random unoccupied trackmark in the list. It is very flexible.

Thanks for the help. It makes sense now. For now I have created 3 schedules. Each schedule checking for the 2 tracks (the last one checking for Track 5) The third label for each schedule is pointing the next schedule in line.

Schedule 1
Skip if Track 1 is occupied to label 1
Navigate to track 1
Jump to label 3
Label 1
Skip if track 2 is occupied to label 2
Navigate to track 2
Jump to Label 3
Label 2
Copy command > Append > Schedule 2
Label 3
Notify

The same routine for the next 2 schedules with the schedule 3 again pointing to schedule 1 in case all tracks are filled wherein the commands will keep getting executed until a track is empty.

Anyways I will try to use the methods explained above.
I shall have to try the Navigatetotrackmarklist.

Thanks all for the help. If I encounter trouble on the above methods, I shall post back.

Last edited:
This is the beauty of logic, if used correctly all options are right. Thanks trev999 for these wonderful commands. Next i'm going to master s-variables and shed master rule.

Glad to hear you have worked it out, shahichirag. Using conditional execution turns Trainz scheduling into a high-level computer language and having knowledge of programming is more or less essential to make meaningful progress.

Cheers - Trev

Thanks for the help. It makes sense now. For now I have created 3 schedules. Each schedule checking for the 2 tracks (the last one checking for Track 5) The third label for each schedule is pointing the next schedule in line.

Schedule 1
Skip if Track 1 is occupied to label 1
Navigate to track 1
Jump to label 3
Label 1
Skip if track 2 is occupied to label 2
Navigate to track 2
Jump to Label 3
Label 2
Copy command > Append > Schedule 2
Label 3
Notify

The same routine for the next 2 schedules with the schedule 3 again pointing to schedule 1 in case all tracks are filled wherein the commands will keep getting executed until a track is empty.

Your S0lution over at my end does not fix the overall GODDAMN Mexican standoff problem. I am busting my :hehe::hehe::hehe: to get on top of this lawful monkey business 7UST T0 go through simple steps however the Rtificial Idiot ’s themselves are acting like they’re playing CH1CKEN (IE: they keep “bragging” for THAT particular path EVEN if another train is in full possession of that track.) YOU KNOW WHAT? GO BACK T0 ABC SCHOOL TO REDO YOUR MATH YOU LAME CARCASS!!!
Seriously, AI can’t be this so daft on route finding or even count from 1 to 10.

I’ve just had a tonne of gutfulness of plasticine that is wrecking our gaming universe. And that is that stupid SP5 update, which torn down the hearts of everyone’s joy and making the game so radically sluggish and unplayable. Grr!
If you’re going to write codes for improvement of sessions don’t write it so that you don’t get out the most out of this thrilling experience.

That’ll teach the AI’s a good lesson.
Farren

Last edited:
NOT WORKING BY ANY CHANCE!!! IM EXPLOITING OVER HERE!!!

Hey you Grim Wreeder,
You need to edit the foul language out of this post. There are children that access this forum.
I do not care on how rogue my responses are. This is just how I flipped off my big boss at work cos he’s a tyd back cows manure. All I needed to do is feed ai an extra juice in its brain since the drivers are in sedation mode. So get me ON THIS POINT!!! I AM NOT CALMING DOWN!!! PAY ME BACK NOW OTHERWISE YOULL DESERVE TO GET KICKED!!!

Kids, IF YOURE WATCHING THIS I AM NOT AN ANTAGONIST towards anyone. I AM JUST PISSED OFF 99.9% cause of lack of respect and integrity from CPU drivers. THEYRE GIVING ME AN ******* HARD TIME. And whenever there’s a LOAD of massive overhaul on the railways I GET SICKLY MAD AND EXPLOSIVE LIKE TNT.

WYSIWYG said:
”The driver is stuck and is awaiting new instructions”
Stop pretending that you’re stuck 4 falsely reported excuses and GET UP!!! YOURE EMPLOYED FOR THE PURPOSE OF RUNNING THE RAILWAYS!!! YOU KNOW WHAT SCHEDULES YOURE BEING TASKED TODO!!! STOP THIS GODDAMN CH1CKEN BUSINESS RIGHT NOW!!!

Children on the other hand can still see taboo on public threads that’s why the N3V representative had to close it because it was TMI and those recent posts didn’t meet the T0C. I have evidence to justify on it. You should’ve seen it, I was crying cos my heart shrunk when I saw the last posts, very condescending and solely hurtful. And a lot of those foul posts were irrelevant to topic. https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?168407-Disappointed
If children were to look up on public forums they would’ve been supervised by their parent/guardian. And would have taken into consideration on certain restrictions on sites they shouldn’t trust. Nowadays, a lot of sites have been disguised as legitimate but when you click on those links you’re vulnerability to bots are increasingly exposed. Even with outdated or archived content could contain parasitic material that could lead to virus breakouts.

I know I’m not trying to target anyone on the forum. It’s just that repetitive things I try to solve just keeps escalating and I can explode on-the-spot when things don’t flow down the drain easily and I tend to exploit myself on here to vent anger but I’m not targeting anyone. And besides, my level of anger isn’t harsh (unlike @Antares1275’s), whose threat, anger and the volatility of the attack are so hurtful even to retired old blokes who don’t deserve that kind of respect being treated in a way that they don’t feel safe and accepted. It breaks their heart down after all the years they’ve been through their hardships.
And I do sense the empathy for pware being threatened by. Really do feel sorry.

Anyways, start afresh, and stick back to main thread. What you see here in this post (and the previous one) is history and will be archived to Wayback Machine.

farren

Last edited:
Back