COVID in the house

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
Well, my Mom, who's a Special Education teacher, has come down with COVID-19, after spending only three days at school. So far me and my dad are not showing any symptoms of COVID, and all three of us have had the Pfizer vaccine. However, the problem is that me and my dad are leaving in less than a week for New Orleans to see Big Boy 4014, so this one chance to see the Big Boy may not happen. She's been running a mild fever of only 99.3 degrees Fahrenheit, been staying in the bed all day, and already thrown up once.

Update

Well my mom is now in the local ER due to her blood oxygen levels dropping. Me and my dad are cancelling our hotel reservations in New Orleans and instead looking at somewhere in St. Louis, which is 8 days later, giving us a 2-week quarantine.

Sorry to read your posts Jordon412. Seeing today that a study shows pfizer less effective against the Delta variant, and that is what my wife and I have (pfizer, I mean, not the Delta variant :eek:). Still, we are supposed to be protected enough that we should not get a bad case. It will be interesting to see how this shakes out and how long it runs. Our local university (Boise State) now says masks will be required at football games, but I am wondering how the heck they plan to enforce that with 30k+ people!

I hope your mom gets excellent care and recovers quickly. And I hope you make it somewhere to see the Big Boy. I am hoping it comes up to the northwest someday, and wishing I had seen it in Wyoming or Utah or Nevada last year. Best wishes and best of luck to you and all your family!

Hey Jordon. Sorry to hear your mother's condition has gotten worse. Big save getting her to the hospital. Hoping she has a speedy recovery.

Jordon, I wish you and your family a safe passage throught this dreadful event.
I survived Covid in it's infancy and I can tell you it is a horrible illness to get, the health service knows a lot more about it now and so I am sure your mom will pull through.
Good luck and take care,

Graham

Wishing your Mom and family a speedy recovery Jordon. Teachers are, unfortunately, on the frontline of this pandemic. It is perhaps fortunate that this has occurred today rather than a year or more ago as the medical knowledge and treatment has advanced considerably.

Update

Well, my mom's coming home from the hospital tomorrow. However, me and my dad are not going to se 4014 this year. Maybe the next time it's in St. Louis we'll see it.

That's really good news at last, jordon412 - Take good care of her - she's very precious and will be missed not only at home while still in hospital, but at school too, whilst she recovers at home.
4014 is likely much older than your Mum, and now that it has been fully restored, will be around for many years to come, so you'll get plenty of opportunities to see it in the future.

That's really good news at last, jordon412 - Take good care of her - she's very precious and will be missed not only at home while still in hospital, but at school too, whilst she recovers at home.
4014 is likely much older than your Mum, and now that it has been fully restored, will be around for many years to come, so you'll get plenty of opportunities to see it in the future.

Well, the doctor hasn't said yes or no to releasing her just yet. But it should be soon.

The doctor has decided to keep her there for one more day, then she can come home tomorrow. She'll be using an oxygen tank and will have nurses visit the house to check on her, so Dad and I have to clean up the bedroom because we don't know how big the oxygen tank is.

Update

Well, Mom's home, and so is my sister, who'll be staying here until she gets tested for COVID herself. My mom's hooked up to an oxygen concentrator and a nasal cannula (that's that tube EMT's put underneath your nose when they give you oxygen).

How's you mom doing now ? Prayers are sent upward for her. So sorry to hear what your family is going through. I know the hygiene issues among the SPED students is more of a concern than the mainstream classrooms ( no fault of their own, just the way it is). Have they closed the school where your mom works ?

She went and got a chest X-ray today. The City of Dalton Mayor recently declared a State of Emergency due to the number of COVID cases, and now the National Guard and firemen are helping out at the local hospital. I also paid the hospital a visit today because my doctor scheduled an EKG, which didn't take that long, thank goodness.

Yesterday my mom went and got another chest X-Ray and on Sunday my doctor who ordered the EKG called and said that the EKG didn't look right, so he asked for another EKG. The problem was that they had me sit in a chair instead of laying in a bed and one of the leads that they stuck on me wasn't making a good connection.

Back