Beta build 113886 is [on hold]

I'll write this stuff up in official bug reports...

I found another thing.

Once a train gets a junction, it's not released. The only way switch a junction after passing it was to allow the AI to set the junction by giving the driver instructions to take that route. This makes switching freight cars in a yard cumbersome and not just annoying. The switch here is still controlled by the driver pulling the tanks. The SW1500 on the spur to the right was going to be connected, but couldn't do that until I had the AI do it and then that was met with junction flipping and complaints until I manually moved the driver up "close" to the other consist once the switch was locked in the proper direction.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2021-08-11 140929.jpg
    2021-08-11 140929.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
This is quite a lot of bugs for a beta build.

It sure is. The previous build wasn't that bad and the performance was quite good. This one is like major step backwards.

All I can say is keep repro'ing and reporting. If there's a screen fart, report it. A script error pop-up, report it and so on for everything. It's the only way to get the bugs reduced to a respectable level.

the engineer side water injector for steam engines is still buggy and has not been fixed, it happens when in DCC mode when pressing the 'W' key, it was not fixed on the last build, another bug found is that the game freezes on exit as well.

Last edited:
It sure is. The previous build wasn't that bad and the performance was quite good. This one is like major step backwards.

All I can say is keep repro'ing and reporting. If there's a screen fart, report it. A script error pop-up, report it and so on for everything. It's the only way to get the bugs reduced to a respectable level.

Yeah I agree. The last beta update was pretty stable with a few minor things and then this beta lands and.... WOW everything is broken again...
You can see some of the issues I've reported here which where sent to QA.

Going to be honest I'll stick with routes but session wise I might just drop out of doing that since they are PITA most times these days and are always full of bugs anyway when a new update seens to arrive.

Cheers

Does this update fix seasonal assets changing to winter meshes in the summer? When I open the route all is fine but once I save all trees/roads/textures change. If I go to edit environment and change the date they go back. As soon as I save again they switch back to the wrong season.

I'll write this stuff up in official bug reports...

I found another thing.

Once a train gets a junction, it's not released. The only way switch a junction after passing it was to allow the AI to set the junction by giving the driver instructions to take that route. This makes switching freight cars in a yard cumbersome and not just annoying. The switch here is still controlled by the driver pulling the tanks. The SW1500 on the spur to the right was going to be connected, but couldn't do that until I had the AI do it and then that was met with junction flipping and complaints until I manually moved the driver up "close" to the other consist once the switch was locked in the proper direction.

The run around command doesnt work either, this update is a complete mess I am currently in the process of reversing it Trainz is unplayable like this.

Does this update fix seasonal assets changing to winter meshes in the summer? When I open the route all is fine but once I save all trees/roads/textures change. If I go to edit environment and change the date they go back. As soon as I save again they switch back to the wrong season.

Nope it doesn't. When I saved a route I was editing, the tracks and grass turned to snow. I ended up tweaking the date in the environmental settings and then exited without saving. In the session editor, this occurs as well, but I tweaked and saved without issue.

The run around command doesnt work either, this update is a complete mess I am currently in the process of reversing it Trainz is unplayable like this.

This is why I have a separate install for testing. I have the Build 111951 on one disk and the beta on another. I can test if I want, or go back and use the working version.

That's good to know too about the runaround command.

Yeah I agree. The last beta update was pretty stable with a few minor things and then this beta lands and.... WOW everything is broken again...
You can see some of the issues I've reported here which where sent to QA.

Going to be honest I'll stick with routes but session wise I might just drop out of doing that since they are PITA most times these days and are always full of bugs anyway when a new update seens to arrive.

Cheers

Keep testing and breaking away. :) I know it's frustrating, but keep reporting the bugs. This update is the worst I've seen in ages. I wonder if they go to old backups or something and use those for their development.

When running my testing route, I had a ton of script errors, not reported here, with bog-standard Majekeer boxcars and flatcars that are used all over by everyone. Right now I have a list of stuff to confirm and write up for bug reports. I plan on getting them into the queue sooner than later.

Ton of script errors here and red bugs as well mostly relating to locos and rolling stock, all working though strangely enough and nothing obviously missing from my routes,
Second run of session to get a screen shot of the list but although got the red bug only got a couple of lines about a missing tarp, presumably off a wagon somewhere.
Haven't looked at anything else yet!

N3V needs to go back to build 113642 and start over again from there. This is the worst beta update in ages. So many things are broken and the more testing you do more things keep popping up.

I thought that build 113642 was just days from release since it seemed to running so well for most people.

Correct doesn't work here either as the points (switch) are stuck and the smoke is not chuffing properly when running backwards, best I can describe it as it's blowing smoke rings and missing every 4 chuffs? Very strange, didn't test the last build as was busy so not sure if that was occurring before.

Exactly the same poblem as Ron.

I've done a full rebuild on the Dm, but again, nothing.

I see a new release is coming out torrow. (Thursday)

Should I just wait?

This is why I have a separate install for testing. I have the Build 111951 on one disk and the beta on another. I can test if I want, or go back and use the working version.

This is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED and everyone should be doing the same thing.

Thanks for the reports. We've removed the patch for new users and will get an update asap for those of you who have updated already.

No problem Tony, I can stop scratching my head now and abort the list I was compiling.
Separate installs here so no harm done.

1. CTD reports - we're unable to repro this. Please try a new test route and place a few objects - does that save and load ok?
Also create a fresh local data folder and retest.

2. All beta builds have "show legacy script errors". So it is expected that there will be a bunch of script errors. Simply report them through the bug report so we can investigate.
Official release builds will NOT have the same validation but without doing this we wouldn't know which scripts require updating.
(And therefore don't use beta builds as "production builds").

3. N3V needs to go back to build 113642 and start over again from there.
>>
No, but we're happy for you to do that (although we do require additional information on the bugs you are reporting that we are unable to repro.)

4. This is the worst beta update in ages. So many things are broken and the more testing you do more things keep popping up.
>>
That's the whole idea (although of course we try to avoid broken builds like this). We are yet to identify many of the issues being reported.

I would stress that you check you are on 113886 and not 113831 which did have some major issues in our internal testing.

5. Runaround is working fine here - please submit a test map with your steps to reproduce the issue. For those with issues, please try our test case:
Place a loco and boxcar at Poland Industries on KSC2
Issue the runaround command
Loco completes the runaround without issue

6. We're still working through the other reports but would encourage those testers with issues to work with QA to find the causes.

7. Mac update isn't too far away.

Last edited:
No problem Tony, I can stop scratching my head now and abort the list I was compiling.
Separate installs here so no harm done.

No - keep compiling the list as we are not seeing any of the issues described so far. (Which is why I keep asking if people are on the same build as QA).

Saving season updates appears to be working as expected:

1. Edit route
2. Change the season
3. Save
4. Note that you are only presented a session save since no route changes have been made
5. Modify the terrain (and Undo if you want to)
6. Save and note that you are presented with a route and session save option
7. Exit
8. Edit route again
9. The season you saved is the season that is loaded

Back