Beta build 113886 is [on hold]

Yes, but how to explain that this issue only occurs in this particular Build? Never had track glitches in Tidewater Point Rail route before!

Lousy performance overall. I had some real lag I never had before as if my GTX1080 TI was running at 89 C and ready to faint!

I also had some graphics glitches and freezes that had me stumped. I need to document what occurred to cause that. I saw a correlation with some portals. The consist arriving from the portal derailed around the same time as a bug appeared and the screen froze. That was one time and the other was just a freeze without cause.

Build 113642 was the best even with the little bugs and N3V should go back to that one, fix the little things and release it. The build not only worked quite well, but the track issues and performance issues were gone and everything just worked smoothly.

I second this idea and in fact mentioned it earlier in this thread, but the idea was not taken too kindly.

Trying to duplicate what you have described here but without any success. One problem I have is that some of your steps may be missing from your description. (I have removed the screenshots).

I created a simple loop, this is a new route so no session layer has been created yet.

I go into Quick drive, everything still looks fine. I Exit the route go back to the main Menu.

I then load the route again and do an Edit in session layer

I fire up Quick Drive and and everything still looks fine:

However when I exit Quick drive a section is Removed :

I don't seem to have QuickDrive (I never used it anyway) but I do have the UDS which I use to switch between Surveyor and Driver.

When you exited Quick Drive did you save the edited Session as well as the Route?

I can rebuilt the section as many times as I want, it gets removed every time I exit Driver and go back to Surveyor.

Edit: The same goes for the run around command, if merged into the route layer its fine, but in the session layer its broken.

HOWEVER: When I merge the Edited Session Layer with the Route Layer the section isn't removed.

This, to me, reads like a classic case of editing Session Layers but either not saving the Session or simply reloading the Route without loading the Session. Could you please clarify.

Trying to duplicate what you have described here but without any success. One problem I have is that some of your steps may be missing from your description. (I have removed the screenshots).

I don't seem to have QuickDrive (I never used it anyway) but I do have the UDS which I use to switch between Surveyor and Driver.

When you exited Quick Drive did you save the edited Session as well as the Route?

It happens when you leave Surveyor and load the route via the main menu again too. Quick Drive or Returning to the Menu to load the session again does the same.

This, to me, reads like a classic case of editing Session Layers but either not saving the Session or simply reloading the Route without loading the Session. Could you please clarify.

Correct, only that when the Session Layer is saved, some of the Junctions are broken or removed after exiting Driver and going back into Surveyor. This is why its so strange because the Session Layer loads up correctly the first time, but when loading it again (Either in Driver or Surveyor) certain Junctions are removed. I noticed it happens when the "Straighten Track" command is used.

Just try to make a layout with a lot of junctions and fix them all with "Straighten Track".

And again if you merge the Session Layer into the Route Layer everything is fine.

Williamg - 3 Gold Stars for your report. :)

That is an excellent example of how to demonstrate an issue. QA have reproduced the problem>

Actually it's a little worse than described as hiding the session layer creates more issues and importing a route and session with track in the session layer results in the track being missing. (So hopefully this is related to some of the other issues being seen elsewhere)

I can also confirm that the same steps in SP3 are working fine, so a definite bug (even though adding track in the session layer is not advisable unless you have a very specific reason such as adding a branchline that you don't want appearing in other sessions).

HPL - "Note that I also have sessions and/or saved games not working at all (game not responding or instant CTD) like others have reported in this thread."

Can you please provide KUIDs and steps required to reproduce the problem. e.g. does the session need to be created in an older build? How is the content imported? What status does it show in CM etc. Basically anything relevant, including other tests where a session does work as expected.

Last edited:
Btw, going back suggest you're happy with the other bugs that were fixed remaining in the build. It makes much more sense to carry on and fix the new bugs as we end up at with a superior build in every respect.

And yes, Quickdrive is required to reproduce the session layer issue.

Williamg - 3 Gold Stars for your report. :)

That is an excellent example of how to demonstrate an issue. QA have reproduced the problem>

Actually it's a little worse than described as hiding the session layer creates more issues and importing a route and session with track in the session layer results in the track being missing. (So hopefully this is related to some of the other issues being seen elsewhere)

I can also confirm that the same steps in SP3 are working fine, so a definite bug (even though adding track in the session layer is not advisable unless you have a very specific reason such as adding a branchline that you don't want appearing in other sessions).

No worries glad to help.:)

This issue is probably related to all broken sessions since missing junctions break everything.

There is something else I noted too and this happens in the previous build as well:

When an AI train runs into a yard, the junctions behind the train stay locked for a certain time and the following trains get stuck. Its not a big issue since they are released after a certain time, but it causes a bit of an delay especially if you have a busy line. I am still scratching my head over whats causing this since, again it only happens with certain junctions.

Also with Quick Drive there is another Issue:

Sometimes when switching into Quick Drive, you end up in "Edit Trains" Mode in Driver maybe that could be looked at aswell.

Last edited:
Well, with the excellent repro steps, the track issue is now fixed (in our internal build). Ironically, it was all to do with an optimisation for streaming to avoid missing track or trackside objects. And it took a very specific set of circumstances to repro since first load would be ok, and subsequent loads were ok under the UDS code.

The track junction issue should also be fixed (where the junction was being held until the train was well clear of the junction).

"Sometimes when switching into Quick Drive, you end up in "Edit Trains" Mode in Driver maybe that could be looked at as well."
>>
Could not repro here (but did find an issue with Quickdrive not working as expected. If you can find the pattern to get the behaviour to change, please advise.

Can you please provide KUIDs...

I'm afraid not because as I said in Post #72: "I have abandoned this Build" and I don't remember what sessions or saved games were causing problems.

...and steps required to reproduce the problem

Trying to resume a saved game and/or starting an existing home made Quick Drive session.

does the session need to be created in an older build?

All sessions were created in an older build.

How is the content imported?

I don't understand your question: I didn't import anything, the only thing I did is patching from 113642 to 113886.

What status does it show in CM

"Modified", as any other custom sessions and saved games.

It works fine in build 113642 but in build 113886 one consist under AI control no longer works when it gets hung up on an instant load command.

I have that same issue even on 111951. It's hard to report a bug on it, because it's really hard to "reproduce" sometimes, because it just happens so randomly. Let's say I put 20 locos with consists on the route. Then I create a driver schedule for each. And randomly, say for example consist #14 just gets stuck with this command. Even when you manually delete it (in Driver mode), loco never moves and never executes other commands. It doesn't happen every single time, so it's a weird issue.

It is the same result, if you are instant-loading a consist and one of the cars of this consist has a faulty script or no defined standard loading. In this case the loading stops at the mentioned car, and the AI can no longer move the consist. I have not yet found a workaround for this.

Regards
Swordfish

Last edited:
Well, with the excellent repro steps, the track issue is now fixed (in our internal build). Ironically, it was all to do with an optimisation for streaming to avoid missing track or trackside objects. And it took a very specific set of circumstances to repro since first load would be ok, and subsequent loads were ok under the UDS code.

The track junction issue should also be fixed (where the junction was being held until the train was well clear of the junction).

The Edit Trains mode in Quick drive happens so random I couldn't find a pattern yet, I will post an update if I found pattern.

But regarding the locked junctions:

The issue with too many locked junctions also occurs by using the run around command.

Here is a example:

The layout is a simple loop with another junction at the end, the train is set the run to the trackmark shown and then perform a run around.

001.jpg

Once stopped and the run around command is executed the problems begin, the loco departs from the car but instead of stopping at the first junction, it runs past it, passing the second junction as well (by locking all 3) and then comes to a stop.

002.jpg

The loco is now at the other end, but still junction 107 (That should be completely unrelated to the run around process) is being held by the AI for no reason, and it will stay like this until the run around process is completed.
Why Junction 97 stays locked as well doesn't make sense either, since the AI wouldn't be using it anymore.

003.jpg

On this small layout it might not be so much of an issue but in a larger yard it starts conflicts with other trains, especially if unrelated junctions are locked.

This is an issue in build 113886 but in earlier versions it happens too.

I found that one one route I have which had sections of missing track in driver mode if I merged the session layer with the route layer the missing track issue was fixed. Need to try one my other routes with same problem.

After more testing I think all my problems were related to the fact that my track was in two different layers and in the driver mode this was causing all sorts of problems.

Once i moved all my track to the route layer my problems disappeared. This may also be the answer for others that are experiencing weird issues with their track.

One other problem occurred when I merged all my layers in the route layer. My Central Portal Command was no longer emitting trains as expected. I deleted the CPC from my route and then added it back and redid all the portal commands. It is now working. (For those of you who use the CPC rule there is an updated available on the DLS which the help desk said my help fix some issues with it).

So at least I have one route now working in build 113886 as expected after my fixes.

Tony has made a warning of tracks in two different layers. But this possibility is very handy, if you would like to add portals to a map of an other creator without changeing his kuid for instance. This session you can upload to the DLS if you want.

Regards
Swordfish

Last edited:
More info on the layers.

I tested another one of my routes in build 113886. I opened OK in Surveyor mode, but it had a lot of missing track. I looked at the same route in build113642 and all the track was in the route layer.

I did a merge layer operation in build 111951 and then imported the revised route into build 113886. When I opened up the route in the surveyor mode in build 113886 and all the track was there. The route runs as expected in driver mode.

So this indicates to me that it more then just the track that's causing the layer issues in build 113886. Once the layers of a route are merged and the route is running in build 113886 the frame rates are comparable with builds 111951 and 113642.

Back