Trainz therapy

Thai1On

Slave to my route
Hello all, as you know I don't post to much because of a punishing work schedule leaves little time for family and even less time for Trainz. As I write this post I am in week 2 of recovery from stage 2 kidney cancer surgery. The good news is the doctor thinks he got it all and no sign of any spread. The other good part is no chemo, just monitoring for the next 5 years.

That gets me to the point of the post. I am finding even with all the warts Trainz has I still find it enjoyable running my route , the Levi & Appalachian and reskinning assets. I still have about 4 weeks before returning to work and in this time I am upgrading my TransDem to 2.6 and start learning how to use it all over again :confused:. I will not start another project as ambitious as the L&A and focus on making L&A modules of highlights of the route. The next project will be the L&A's main seaport shipping area, Charleston S.C. With this project I will probably be asking for help and advise on how a fictional port should look set in the early 20th century.

With that being said time to start cracking open the tutorial pages of TransDem and get back into the DEM business. Thanks for all the digital friendships I have here and I look forward to hopefully many more years of Trainz.

Dave

Thai1On,
I hope your recovery is successful and quick. That's a tough surgery for sure.

It is very relaxing to just enjoy the parts of Trainz that work. It could be so much more, but that is a topic that has been hashed over again and again.

Something missing in a lot of routes is sessions. I find that I can just fire up a route, and then run a session that I've done many times before, and it is still just as enjoyable. I'd say that qualifies for Trainz therapy. I spent a couple of hours just re-experiencing the fun of the P&B last night. It was the free drive, and I was just servicing businesses with the available motive power and freight cars that were "salted" around the route.

I hope your recovery goes well. Enjoy the L&A while you recover.

Regards,
Heinrich505

Dave,

I'm glad you are recovering well from your cancer it's truly amazing what can be done today compared to even a few years ago. My dad too is fully recovered from bladder cancer which was discovered by accident a few years ago. He now has two more years of visits to his urologist and so far so good everything has been tidy and clean.

Now.... Trainz I will warn you can be fun and a great escape and has been for me for nearly 20 years. The problem is, as you said, it gets frustrating. Recently I walked away from it totally and didn't even visit the forums for about 3 weeks. I didn't quit, but instead was focusing my badly precious time on my music projects. I was tired of being beaten up by the same stuff over and over and finding more faults with the program. The welcome respite gave me a fresh look at the program again, although, I still have that feeling of trepidation and dread as I begin a new project. For some reason my step away gave me time to reflect on the good parts, but the evil still lurks.

With that said, don't let the program burn you out. It may not in your case because you work as well so this is a hobby and a great escape and not retired like me and was too close to the source for too long.

Prayers out to you for a fast and full recovery ! Glad Trainz is helping to calm the nerves from the great stress you must be under.
Stay strong and find peace.

Thats very good news first of all and : get well soon.

When returning to Trainz - will the Levi & Appalachian get an update for TRS 19 ? - That would be fine.

Best wishes

Ulli

Liking the good news for certain! Hope that you can use your recovery time to your best advantage.

At the very least, Trainz is a great distraction. Enjoy in good health ...

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery, it's a pretty tough ordeal that you've come through!

Trainz therapy is a good thing, it certainly has helped me to overcome my problems.

cheers,

Graham

Lost my left kidney to Agent Orange cancer eleven years ago. No recurrence since then. Hopeful for your recoverery, Dave.

Bill

It makes me feel much better to see the community well wishes, it means a lot. I sure hope for many more years to be here on the forum and playing with Trainz. This health episode has cemented my decision to retire at 62 (3 years) and move with my wife back to her country in the Philippines. MY SS should enough to live there on our farm comfortably and give me more time for Trainz.

Now back to relearning TransDem.

Dave

Back