The wild goose chase that is a Utah Belt SD40-2.

DARTrider

Goofy Fictional RR Owner
I've been searching for months for this locomotive, a UB SD40-2. I noticed it was a JR product, and went to check it on their site, but to no avail. I used the Wayback Machine to try and find it, but that didn't work. In fact, the only VIDEO I could find of it documenting the locomotive is this one by Gary Woodard. I then started to wonder why JR discontinued the locomotive and wondered if they could put it back up as a freeware download like they did with the UB GP38-2. If anyone knows what happened to it, please do let me know. Any JR devs willing to share information about the locomotive, please do so! I'm trying to figure out why it was removed and if there are any plans for it.

Thank you!

There is one by btvfd on the DLS. It also has a skins file and its own cab file. Have you found that one?
<kuid:359354:102056> UTAH BELT SD40-T2 cab
<kuid2:359354:102053:1> UTAH BELT SD40-T2 skins
<kuid2:359354:102052:1> UTAH BELT SD40T2

I've found the Tunnel Motor, its pretty nice.
But I am looking for a SD40-2, not a tunnel motor sadly.

Have you put in an inquiry to Jointed Rail? I noticed that the video you mentioned was from 2011. If the unit ever saw general release, its likely that after 10 years it may well have been retired.

Have you put in an inquiry to Jointed Rail? I noticed that the video you mentioned was from 2011. If the unit ever saw general release, its likely that after 10 years it may well have been retired.

I have, and they never responded.

It's unfortunate but I doubt they'll come back as they were. Perhaps when JR gets to the SP SD40's they'll have a UB one up with them, but that's not a certainty (and that's assuming IF they do SP 40's).

I wish they'd bring back their grandfathered content, even as payware. I'd hate to see the effort go away even if it's dated by today's standards. Alas, it's their choice as a team, and I respect their choice.

In a semi-related note, I did notice the official Trainz Store has JR SD40-2B's, BNSF 7501 and BN 7502, which aren't for sale on JR's official site. 7501 has what seems to be a different model than the old one that used to be on USLW. Just speculating here, but perhaps in the future grandfathered content (like the UB SD40) will be available again but on the Trainz Store?

I believe they were club car content, a long time ago. Unfortunately some of the content is lost when they redo there websites. I cant remember when I got it, but looks like I also reskinned it into a fictional HLCX ex-UB SD40-2.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I believe they were club car content, a long time ago. Unfortunately some of the content is lost when they redo there websites. I cant remember when I got it, but looks like I also reskinned it into a fictional HLCX ex-UB SD40-2.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Interesting...

Back